Used 2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

I Love My Car!
By Sheila

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is our 4th VW. The Jetta is our first "new" VW. It handles beautifully and has enough power to get into traffic. Test drove a Corolla and Camry the same day we tested the Jetta and the Jetta won hands down just due to the fun factor. Only problem so far is the door latch on the drivers door catching, and the outside temp gauge. It uses a little more gas than we expected, but the alternative wouldn't be much fun to drive. The sport shift is great.

Favorite Features

Excellent handling, braking, simultaneous 4 window control, large trunk, pop up trunk lid, 6 cd changer in dash (instead of trunk), windshield wipers slowing down at red lights, set volume on stereo to be same at each start up, and increase on hwy.

Suggested Improvements

Put mp3 jack somewhere on console, not the glove box. Make auto headlights standard feature. CD player should resume from point you shut the car off, not start over!

Good mileage, my foot!
By DanTheMan2007

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd Jetta, 3rd VW in all. My '98 Jetta got well over 30 mpg. My '07 averages 18 mpg! I've been back to my dealership 4 times and they basically tell me 'too bad'. I contact VW Corporate and they told me I have to work with the dealership, and that Corporate has nothing to do with it. Overall, I love the car, except the gas mileage and the lack of power (feels like 4 cylinders, not 5). I'm very disappointed in VW on the way they handled this issue.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive. Headlights are very bright. The car is sporty. Power windows and radio still work after you turn the car off. Keyfob trunk release is cool as it opens the trunk for you. Two power jacks in the car. Moonroof air vent is cool. Turn signals on side mirrors are nice.

Suggested Improvements

What genius thought of putting the MP3 jack in the glove box? The moonroof (when used alone) makes a whole lot of noise. The brakes shoot out a lot of excess brake dust. My rims are always black and I don't beat on the brakes. 5 cylinders feel like 4. A/C isn't as cold as wife's new Sentra.

The Volkswagen Jetta is Awesome
By Krystle

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

The Volkswagen Jetta is awesome. I took this vehicle with me to Vegas and got almost 40 mpg on the highway.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the heated seats and cruise control.

Best car I've ever owned
By Nic

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I have a black over tan Wolfsburg. The color combo just pops and looks classy. The interior textures and materials are the same quality as my previous Mercedes. It's got all the fun stuff like heated seats, mirrors and washer nozzles, ESP, traction control, 6 airbags, Tiptronic sunroof and more. I haven't been able to lose control of the car even when I try. Feels solid and safe and looks great. There is no other car out there for the price with the quality and features you get... not even close. I love this car, I hope the reliability is as solid as the way the doors shut.

Favorite Features

Turn signals in the side view mirrors are a cool touch. It's nice that you have like 25 different speed choices with the windshield wipers. A/C vents for the rear passengers and A/C for the glove box!

Suggested Improvements

The sun roof makes that really annoying buffeting sound no matter what you do. It's not as bad at highway speeds. Just driving around though I can't stand it and keep the thing closed. The dealer mentioned it before I bought it which was honest but it's a bad and very obvious design flaw.

2007 VW Jetta Wolfsburg
By Dominick

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I love this car.

Favorite Features

The Sport Transmission feature plus the option to shift manually provide a lot of flexibility in different driving situations.

Suggested Improvements

The gas mileage is ok, not great, and the location of the MP3 adaptor in the glove box is really not very convenient.