2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
2007 Jetta 2.5 L (5 speed M) Review
By Dave Havriliak on 01/17/07 11:44 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Simply put, this is a car of great compromise. This is my first VW. I wanted to reduce my operating costs due to rising fuel prices in the middle of 2006. Therefore the Jetta was considered. I am really glad I got one. It will be used as a commuter car that will get 100 miles per day put on it. As of today it has about 8,000 miles. I am getting 28 MPG (mostly freeway 72 MPH average with cruise control and regular unleaded). I use Mobil 1 synthetic (0- 40 wt) oil. Although the 5-cyl. engine lacks a little torque in the low RPM range, the 5 valve head runs pretty decent if you need to put your foot in it (above 3,000 RPM). I am 6' 1", 205 lbs and find the Jetta to have great comfort.

Fun to Drive
By Michael on 01/13/07 08:55 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Driving the 2007 Jetta is like driving a sporty luxury car. It comes with every option that I would want.

Love My Jetta
By Kristen on 01/12/07 19:04 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is my second Jetta and I have to say that VWs to me are better than my Toyota Tacoma and Corolla put together. That's why I went back to driving a Jetta. I also feel much safer, than in my Toyotas.

Fun Ride
By chachi313 on 01/11/07 20:59 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This car is a great car to drive. It handles pretty nicely. Its shifting is crisp. Just be careful you could break 100 mph without even noticing.

2007 Volkswagen Jetta
By mboggian on 01/09/07 09:55 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

When I searched for my first new car, I had focused on Honda, as I have had good experiences with Hondas previously. However, I was pleasantly surprised with the VW Jetta. It is small on the outside and big on the inside, there's plenty of space for passengers and storage. It's a lot of fun to drive. The only drawback it has is it gets lower gas mileage than I would like. I can justify this by attributing the lower gas mileage to a heavy car body, which serves as an excellent safety feature.

Rides like a Truck
By BKM on 01/03/07 07:58 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

The 2007 Jetta is a very appealing car, but I don't like driving it. The ride is very rigid and feels like riding in an old beat up truck.

As Expected
By Babbo on 01/01/07 17:35 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is not a sexy car, but it offers good service and comfort at a very favorable value. "The People's Car"

No Fun to Drive
By MrBill on 12/29/06 22:24 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Right off the lot I my Jetta needed a wheel alignment. The car moves from side to side going down the road after the alignment. I am being told that is the way the car drives. I have received bad customer service to the point that nobody cared. Now it is three weeks later and the sunroof leaks. This car has 3,000 miles on it. Look twice before buying one.

I Love this Car!
By Sarah on 12/26/06 11:19 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is really a great car - it is fun to drive, has a very smooth ride, and handles turns and corners very well. It picks up speed very fast and the Tiptronic transmission is great for people who like to drive. I am very impressed that Volkswagen has taken the initiative to make so many safety features standard and my insurance went DOWN after purchasing a brand new car. It is great - I love the styling and it's just a lot of fun.

Can't Wait to Get Rid of It
By Erik on 12/24/06 10:15 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I bought this car and was happy with it until I started driving it further than a few blocks and winter came. It has no comfortable seating position. Also, the defroster does not heat the bottom part of front window, which leads to snow and ice buildup under the wipers. The transmission whine makes it sound like police are always present, when it's not grinding its gears. I used to have a V6 and the average gas mileage on that was nearly 20% better than I get on this car (though EPA ratings show it the other way around).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.