Used 2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

My Baby Girl
By Ben Cooper

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Since my husband has purchased my 2007 Jetta, it has been the best experience I have had. This care is the compact and fast. The take off is awesome.I drive to and from work which is about 13 miles. It's the smoothest ride for such a small car. After having it for two years I will trade it in for another VW Passat.

The inside interior is smooth leather and in interior lights are great. The automatic power window for front and back.

There should be power seats and standard navigation system.

V-Dub, baby!
By Andrew W

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Fahrenheit GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased an 07 Jetta GLI Fahrenheit (6-spd manual) May of 07. I have been very impressed by how well-balanced this car is. It is a reliable, efficient, practical, and fun vehicle to drive and own. I have averaged 25mpg with a typical mix of highway and city driving. The interior build quality is far superior to any other auto in its class. Fun and exhilarating!

Best steering wheel ever! Above average trunk space. Sporty leather seats.

I think they should come out with an AWD model, like an R32 in sedan form.

I Love My Car!
By Sheila

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is our 4th VW. The Jetta is our first "new" VW. It handles beautifully and has enough power to get into traffic. Test drove a Corolla and Camry the same day we tested the Jetta and the Jetta won hands down just due to the fun factor. Only problem so far is the door latch on the drivers door catching, and the outside temp gauge. It uses a little more gas than we expected, but the alternative wouldn't be much fun to drive. The sport shift is great.

Excellent handling, braking, simultaneous 4 window control, large trunk, pop up trunk lid, 6 cd changer in dash (instead of trunk), windshield wipers slowing down at red lights, set volume on stereo to be same at each start up, and increase on hwy.

Put mp3 jack somewhere on console, not the glove box. Make auto headlights standard feature. CD player should resume from point you shut the car off, not start over!

Good mileage, my foot!
By DanTheMan2007

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd Jetta, 3rd VW in all. My '98 Jetta got well over 30 mpg. My '07 averages 18 mpg! I've been back to my dealership 4 times and they basically tell me 'too bad'. I contact VW Corporate and they told me I have to work with the dealership, and that Corporate has nothing to do with it. Overall, I love the car, except the gas mileage and the lack of power (feels like 4 cylinders, not 5). I'm very disappointed in VW on the way they handled this issue.

Fun to drive. Headlights are very bright. The car is sporty. Power windows and radio still work after you turn the car off. Keyfob trunk release is cool as it opens the trunk for you. Two power jacks in the car. Moonroof air vent is cool. Turn signals on side mirrors are nice.

What genius thought of putting the MP3 jack in the glove box? The moonroof (when used alone) makes a whole lot of noise. The brakes shoot out a lot of excess brake dust. My rims are always black and I don't beat on the brakes. 5 cylinders feel like 4. A/C isn't as cold as wife's new Sentra.

The Volkswagen Jetta is Awesome
By Krystle

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

The Volkswagen Jetta is awesome. I took this vehicle with me to Vegas and got almost 40 mpg on the highway.

My favorite feature is the heated seats and cruise control.

• SUV