2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Loving the New Jetta
By IML8 on 02/02/07 15:45 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is my second Jetta. While I am still partial to the old body style, I love the interior of the new Jetta and the extra room it provides. The biggest reason I bought a Jetta again was for their safety record, as I was recently in a head on car crash (I was in a Jeep Liberty).

The Jetta Wolfsburg Rocks
By Kathy O on 02/02/07 10:53 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I looked at a lot of cars, and decided that the Jetta Wolfsburg Edition was the one for me. It has plenty of punch, a quality interior, and all the right extras. I didn't think I could get something so solid for what I was looking to spend. I love my VW.

Love It!
By NJ Steve on 02/01/07 08:06 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I traded an '01 Cavalier with 136,000 miles on it for a VW Jetta Wolfsburg. My fiancee has an A4 Audi. These cars are very similar, but not the same. So far, other than the vanity light not working (dealer repaired), the car is great. It has lots of power, handles great, and it's comfortable. I wish it came in blue though. I think we are going to trade the A4 in on a Jetta GLI and save $6,000-$8,000. It just has no quattro AWD. I was leery about the car being built in Mexico. I was going to buy a Rabbit 4 door that was made in Germany, but for $500 or so more, I went with the Jetta and am glad that I did. I would not recommend the dealer though. They were typical BS artists with no product knowledge! I knew way more about all VWs than them.

Good Value, So Far
By Matt on 01/28/07 21:26 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I just traded in my '01 Wolfsburg Edition for the new '07 model. The engine is solid; it whines a bit at low speeds but has enough juice. The lack of a Turbo takes some of the "fun factor" out of it. The old one had one, but the lack of a turbo but probably makes for a more reliable ride. The styling is OK, it's grown on me a lot since I first saw it. I used to think it looked just like a Corolla but now think it looks a bit more distinguished, especially in black. It has lots of thoughtful extras. Overall I am happy, it has modest power, convincing leatherette, a moonroof, a 10-speaker stereo and heated seats plus a good warranty for under $20,000. I shopped the Altima (great but more money), Civic/Accord, Camry, and Fusion. This was the clear winner.

Wolfsburg Edition 5-Speed
By Sonia on 01/26/07 23:38 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I've only had this car for three weeks but so far I am very pleased. It has a really smooth ride and is surprisingly roomy. I like the quality and simplicity of the interior, and for 150 hp, it's got quite a bit of pep. The only problem so far is that the remote trunk release has been temperamental in this freezing northeast weather.

We are a Jetta Family
By Jetta Family on 01/26/07 15:52 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

We have owned five Jettas. Our new Wolfsburg may be the best one yet. If you don't like the European ride and handling, do not buy one. The Wolfsburg is absolutely the best buy for the money. I don't know who evaluates vehicles for J.D. Power but they really have this "thing" for Japanese cars. Testing a car is almost totally subjective, the Power folks should have an open mind, not an empty one.

Best of Fourteen
By camperjimmy on 01/26/07 11:38 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I test drove fourteen different new cars during my search for the best value, including the new Rabbit, it was not for me(age thing). The salesman had a Jetta waiting for me when I got back, and WOW, of the fourteen, the Jetta was the only one that made me say "WOW, that's a nice car." There is lots of ho-hum vehicles out there, but this car is a blast to drive, has lot of room, and I get 29 mpg with the smooth 6-speed auto. I am very satisfied with this car and will buy another for my wife..

Love My Jetta
By Franco Lopez on 01/26/07 05:53 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I love my new Jetta. All I have done to it is add a small Bazooka to have some punch to the music in the car. It drives great and feels like a tank compared to other Japanese cars that I had test driven prior to this one. To show me how well built it was, the 200 lbs. salesman hung himself on the door for 5 seconds, and the door still closed perfectly! He said: "Don't try this on a Honda." I thought that was funny. I love the Tiptronic automatic transmission and the sports mode, which gives me a pseudo-manual feel of a sporty driving experience. The rigid suspension helps in this as well. After test driving several makes and models, as soon as I drove the Jetta I knew that was my next car.

Great New VW
By new Jetta on 01/23/07 14:29 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I just purchased my first VW Jetta and it rocks, the Wolfsburg Edition is really handy with the heated seats. At first I thought I had no reason to have them until I turned them on during a cold front. I tell you, you can't have leather seats without them. The same goes for the sunroof, at first I thought I've never had one so who cares, but now that I have used it is a great option to have. Thanks VW for the hard work in creating and evolving the Jetta for today's environment.

Fun and Solid
By Stratman on 01/18/07 08:31 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is our first VW since owning a Scirocco in the late 80's. We have the 2007 Jetta Wolfsburg Edition with the 6-speed automatic. We love the styling, ride, power and fuel economy of this car. But in the terms of safety, this car is fantastic with front and rear side curtain airbags. I hope we will not have to use them but if so, they're there. The power is quite adequate and we have already taken a few trips in this car and the ride is quite comfortable. Also, the heated seats are a very nice edition on those cold days. The rear seat and trunk room are very nice as well as we love to travel and can fit much luggage in the cavernous trunk. All in all, this car is a great addition.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.