Used 2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Rear Brakes Poor Design
By 20jetta07

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

The rear brakes are design to be replace (Pads + Rotors) every 15,000 miles no matter how much you use them. I use this as a commute car and I will never buy a VW again because of this issue. I like the car but I can NOT believe that VW has this problem and will not correct it. This is an on going problem from the 2000. If you hear a thud in the rear brake area you have a problem that will cost you $400.00 because you have to replace the ROTOR and PADS. This is not something on a car any brand or model.

I like the way that it drives and handle but the brakes are a deal breaker.

Fix the rear brake problem with a thicker rotor so that you do NOT have to change this after so little miles. Normally the front brakes are the ones that wear down fast. I was told that you have to change them 2 to 3 times before you do the front.

VW Secret
By J Stajk

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

The GLI is great vehicle I love the way this car handles, shifting is smooth, gas mi 30 mpg hwy. Hard to stay under 70. Best vw I've ever owned.

Handling, 6 speed tranny, sound system, solid feeling.

LOVIN' IT
By mrp

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I travel around 3,000 miles a month. Exceptionally comfortable ride. Great handling. MPG is ok. It is less than other cars in it's class, but that is too be expected as it is a little heavier and built with safety in mind. So I'll exchange a few MPG for peace of mind with safety.

I enjoy all the "standards" that comes with the Wolfsburg edition. Very large trunk was an added bonus not expected, but appreciated.

My only suggestion is to have automatic instrument reading lights for darkness. I find it a bit odd now a days for this not to be a standard.

Wishing for more
By mat

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is my 5th Jetta and there are a few major issues. The car failed to start 3 times and the alarm went off in the middle of the night for no reason. It was an electrical short that took 3 trips to the dealer to fix. The last time it was there for 5 weeks!!! The center console "handles" crowd the drivers right leg and they serve no purpose! The gas mileage is not the best/or worst but for mileage this low I want a car that is faster. The acceleration is adequate however and I enjoy the fit and finish of the interior and exterior. The trunk and back seats are roomy. Besides the mechanical issues I like the handling. I will not however be purchasing at the end of my lease.

Fit and finish, leatherette, satellite radio, ipod outlet and handling.

better reliability, better service at the dealer from customer service and the actual mechanics!

No Problems at all, fun to drive!
By PJW

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Having a ball with this car. The redesign is/was very nice and while is may look somewhat bland, the lines are nice and compared to previous Jetta's, a very nice upgrade. Peppy, fun and much bigger too. Like the ride a lot.

Love the electric window controls. Nice seats. Very German.

Need more 12V outlets. One more up front, need one in the rear.