2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
In luv with my VDUB
By kpad1ne on 04/04/07 14:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

My girlfriend works for Volkswagen & I was skeptical when she bought her 07 Jetta.I am a die hard Nissan/tuner enthusiast & I am amazed with the performance & smooth ride of German vehicles, in this case VWs Jetta.The car has great acceleration & good power considering its weight & remote 150hp, but could pack a punch when you need it to.The 6spd auto/DSG feature is great & the comfort, interior quality, & ride is amazing, not to mention the car is affordable.Black is the best color for the Jetta as it highlights all of its elegance & compliments the chrome front grille the best.I am in love & will be purchasing one for myself, the GLI of course.

My First "New" Car...
By Greg on 03/18/07 12:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is my first "new" car. I also own a 1965 El Camino, and have been looking at new cars for three main reasons: 1) safety, 2) comfort, 3) gas mileage. This car was the only one that I was looking at in the $20,000 range that had full side curtain airbags for the driver, passenger, and rear seats. The bucket seats are very comfortable for long driving periods, and the car's estimated gas mileage is 22-30 mpg, though I find myself getting about 24-26 mpg on regular-unleaded. This is not my dream car, but for a college student who has a shallow wallet the price for what your getting is defiantly superior to comparable models.

Nice Car
By jessie brouillette on 03/16/07 09:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I have had my Jetta since 09/05. I have only had one problem with it, which was the truck latch didn't work all the time. They replaced it and I have had no problems since. I have owned Hondas and the Jetta is much better built car on the outside and inside. Especially the seats, they have better quality leather. For people who are shorter, the inside is user friendly and comfortable.

Love It!
By ProudJettaOwner on 03/15/07 13:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is my second VW Jetta. I traded in my 2000 Jetta for the '07 Wolfsburg and WOW, what a difference! I actually bought the car, not loving the exterior, I bought it for the interior and everything it had to offer but since I have had it, I have grown to LOVE the body as well.

Exactly what I wanted...
By Nicholas on 03/08/07 13:14 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

The Jetta Wolfsburg was a welcome choice among the many configurations of the Jetta. It has just the right combination of options for the price, and is substantially less expensive than if you put the same option packages on the regular 2.5. The car is adequately responsive in the economy driving mode, but shift into the sport mode and it becomes a MUCH more powerful animal. Living in California, I find the Tiptronic to be especially useful for keeping the RPMs up for easily passing other cars on the many freeway mountain passes. While the last generation body style was more inspired, the current Jetta's lack of exterior edginess is more than made up for with its SUPERIOR interior.

Take a LONG Test Drive
By UnHappy on 03/05/07 10:58 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Looks can be deceiving! This car has a very uncomfortable ride. The seats are back killers. Whenever I drive the car for more than 30 - 40 minutes the middle of my back tightens up. I've never had back problems, but now whenever I drive the Jetta for more then 30 minutes, my back tightens up. Adjusting the seat hasn't helped. In 35 years of driving dozens of vehicles, this is the worst ride I have ever experienced. I wish I could sell it without losing my butt. VW's response was there isn't a design flaw. I'll never buy a VW again!

Pleasantly Surprised
By Sam in Utica, NY on 03/01/07 19:26 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

My Jetta Wolfsburg constantly surprises me. After the 1,000 mile break-in, my gas mileage was 34 MPG on my last trip. The car takes regular gas, not premium as noted in some articles. It has plenty of pep with the manual transmission. I drove an automatic five cylinder and was underwhelmed by it's performance. Do yourself a favor and buy the 5-speed. You'll save over $1,000 and have more fun driving. My last Jetta was an '03 Wolfsburg with the 1.8T. The 2.5 reminds me of my old Jetta, but the quality and reliability of the '07 has greatly improved.

The Wolfsburg Ed. - Nice deal!
By Larry$ on 02/21/07 08:14 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I purchased this car as an alternative to the GTI, GLI and Rabbit. The GTI and GLI were just too expensive when loaded up with the options I wanted while the Rabbit even fully loaded seemed lacking to me. The Wolfsburg Edition is a joy to drive, it handles as nicely as the others in my opinion, and even with the 2.5 has more than enough zip for me. I use it mostly for my commute to work, 25 miles one way and also to load up guitars in the trunk for repair work I do on the side. The trunk space is huge and can be expanded into the back seat area - a big plus for me, the main reason for the GTI and Rabbit was cargo space. This car gets about 30 mpg highway which accounts for most of my driving.

Great Car, Great Value
By LuvTheJetta on 02/20/07 13:19 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I researched other cars for about 3 months before I bought the Jetta Wolfsburg Edition. No other car could match the performance, safety, and features with the price of the Jetta. I love the standard options on the Wolfsburg. It is sporty but very comfortable inside. It's fun to drive and I've been happy with how powerful it is while maintaining decent gas mileage.

Nice Looks, but Do Your Homework!
By IL-VW on 02/08/07 11:14 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

VW's exterior and interior material are much better than those that are used in most import and domestic autos, but mechanically I think they need to improve. We are currently having issues with oil consumption of 1 quart of 5W-40 synthetic oil ($5-6) every 1,300 miles and a soft brake pedal on cold starts. VW claims that 1 quart per 1,000 miles is normal. I do not agree with this, I think they got this spec. from the VW Bug. The dealer and VW Corp. will not fix these problems. Please, do your homework before you buy any VW. Try http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/ for consumer complaints before you buy.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.