Used 2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Most Helpful|
VW Wolfsburg
By Shambur1980

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This has been a sporty, well-built vehicle and I have not had a bit of trouble w/ it in 4 years. PROS: - tight steering / drive (typical of European cars) - safe - advises if road is slippery - appearance - sits up high CONS: - more costly to maintain (e.g. oil changes) - not super comfy for longer trips - fuel efficiency (average)

Favorite Features

- the way it drives - heated seats

Suggested Improvements

- Comfort of seats - fuel efficiency

Would be better in Germany
By lefuulei

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought my Jetta Brand New of the lot. Everything on this car is decent to good but not stellar. It's a nice, sporty vehicle, great sound system, handles well and I loved it while I leased it. But even during that time frame there were recalls on the vehicle for small things like Light adjustments. Another recall was for the sunroof but they charge you $150 to fix it. Third recall was for fixing the wiper blades which threaten to cut the fuel line. The spedometer is off and the clock runs fast. But be warned: If the EPC light comes on you won't have any idea WHAT it is! Recently just spent $400 to repair the speed sensor. As with any foreign car: Expect expensive parts and limited service.

Favorite Features

Brakes can stop on a dime, control is perfect, easy turning, nice safety features, good stereos, sunroof is fun, comfortable seats, lots of leg room, amazing amount of storage with flip-down back seats, love the fact you can chose to flip down either 2/3rds or 1/3rd of the seat and still carry 3-4 people, trunk is very spacious.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage could use some work only gets about 22-24/gal. Too many minor recalls and not free to fix! Parts are expensive due to being a "foreign" car even though it's made in Mexico. Service is limited, either have to go 20 miles to an auto service for german/foreign cars or to the dealership and pay lots more. EPC light can come on without a fix. Maintenance is costly. oil change is costly since it requires synthetic oil. Long term cost is high for what you DON'T save off the lot. Also Dealership service charges for loaner cars, so make sure you have a ride!

German Quality, German Engineering!
By Tibor

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought this car 3 years ago and since then absolutely no problem at all. I had AUDIs before, so I stayed in the "family". This is my first brand new car and I feel happy, except the dealerships prices. They should give us more break. I study how to fix brakes, and other minor repair jobs so I reduce the costs.

Favorite Features

I like the fully automated version of Jetta 2,5L with the automatic/manual tranny with a blink-of-the-eye switch.

Suggested Improvements

I have a problem to see thru the back window since vision is limited. Also the center bar between the front and rear doors blocks the view in case lane changes. I would make the rear windows wider and the center bars thinner.

Easily the best car in its' class
By homerkc

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Just turned 75K miles; a GREAT car for the past 5 yrs. It's economical (23-31mpg), sufficiently fast, rides better on the highway than cars costing much more, big trunk, and top safety ratings. It's a pleasure to drive every day, and it's just a base model car with the 150 HP engine. I had the rear brake problem, but my dealer put new rotors on under warranty and everything seems to be OK. I've put little else into the car - I do much of the routine maintenance myself, and without the dealer labor, the upkeep is reasonable. I enjoy the little luxuries on the base car, like soft touch plastics, lighted switches, climate control, 1 touch windows, etc. A great deal and reliable, too.

Favorite Features

Road feel and handling. This is my fourth new VW and I keep buying them because nothing else in this price range drives quite like a VW. The car feels as solid and secure at 80-100 MPH as most cars do at 60. There is sufficient power in the 5cyl for any driving, and will cruise at the elevated speeds already mentioned - all day. Twice I've cruised at triple digits and my wife, reading a book, never noticed the speed.

Suggested Improvements

Why aren't the seats made with the same foam padding as the German cars use? The Golf/Rabbit of the same year had much more comfortable seats, and they were theoretically the same.

What fun!
By Kathyj311

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is my second Jetta & I doubt it will be my last! I have a 6 speed manual turbo & it's a blast to drive. My avg cruising hwy speed is 80, it's hard to drive the limit. Car turns heads & everyone enjoys driving it. BUT, the low nose is always a problem, be careful with curbs. My main problem right now is rusty brakes, had them turned & rust came right back. The armrest iPod connector died, cost too much too replace so now it's connected through glove box. The Nav/radio needs updating but it will do for now. I had a kicker speaker put in the trunk & that's a huge improvement with the sound. Seats take some getting used to but are very comfy. Worth more than what I paid for it 6 months ago-cool

Favorite Features

Heated seats & mirrors, metal trim, honeycomb grill. LOVE the turbo, I blow by most cars with ease. Dashboard and wheel controls took some getting used to but I love them now. Electrical outlet in the backseat is awesome for charging my laptop-strange but great!

Suggested Improvements

Suspension is really bouncy and noisy. Luckily the newer models have a touchscreen nav/radio, and a better display. I hate mine.