Used 2007 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition PZEV Sedan Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

VW saved my life again.
By Jeromy

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Totaled my 93 Corrado in 2005. A few VWs later, I purchased a used Jetta after totaling the old Scion xB. There Wolfsburg had great seats, Aux port back in 07! Smooth shifting give speed with the wonderful but thirsty 5 cylinder engine. I loved this car to no end. Bought it October of 2015 and totaled on 22 December 2015. I was driving to work and blacked out around a curve going the posted speed limit of 55mph. crashed into a ditch, flipped violently five times and lucky came to test on the wheels. The car had cracked there engine block, radiator, before the transmission case in half and the car was absolutely mangled. I was airlifted to the trauma center in Wilmington and released that day. The tire truck operator had already marked the vehicle thinking that I died. Paramedics were shocked that I lived. There build quality was outstanding. The only reason I'm alive is there fact that these cars were engineered for that kind of thing. the passenger compartment stayed intact. the seat belts broke but I was okay. I actually wrote VWoA about this and they were in awe. I was diagnosed with narcolepsy after the accident. Next car will be my fifth VW, when I can drive again.

Proud owner
By Vandekamp

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I am very happy with my car, from its leather interiors to the way it can glide down the road. plenty of pep if you want it, and is economy friendly fun. Its worth every penny, Family car/Sports sedan Volkswagen has created a fun car for all

Great gas mileage, manual transmission, this car is fully loaded and now cant live without it!

A pretty good car so far..
By Roger2Texas

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Purchased this 07 Jetta 2.5L 5cyl 2 yrs ago brand new, has been a very good car, handles great on highway. Have had to replace the gas tank door on warranty. The bad thing is I have to buy the Catrol full synthetic oil at AutoZone along with filter for local mechanic to change the oil. Love the 10k mile oil change intervals. This car has been A++ excellent compared to our old 2003 Passat which was a nightmare (since assembled in Germany, compared to the Passat in Mexico). Car is very sporty & sometimes catches people's eye.

Blue inside gauges for speedometer & RPM's, nice body style for these year models. Love the low profile tires and 17" 5-spoke rims. Nice sporty style. Car seems it's going to do really good in the long run (so far!!) Love the rear air vents for A/C heat for back passengers, aux input jack for ipod!

Everything pretty good so far.. Should make more durable gas doors. Intake components in engine are very cheap & plastic made and don't snap back together completely, which makes me wonder about future "plastic parts" not fitting due to long time heat exposure.

Bad Brakes
By richard minor

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

My 2007 Jetta at 27000 miles had to have rear pads replaced and rotors turned. Dealer says this is normal for this car. Cost of repair was 270 dollars. I see nothing normal about this. Seems very premature for brake job and very expensive.

2007 Wolfburg 42K miles
By swkohnle

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have driven my 2007 Jetta with 5 sp manual for 42K miles without any issues. It get's serviced at my VW dealer only at the required intervals. I follow the dealer service recommendations. I love this car. I have it detailed every 4 months. I drive between NY and Pittsburgh every 4 to 6 weeks and love the comfort and reliability this car has provided me. This is my 3rd VW having had a 2000 Passat, and a 2003 Jetta TDI. Both I drove over 200K miles.

5 speed manual stick, heated seats, highway handling.

Sunroof wind noise when open, mileage around town, should have 18" wheels rather than 16".