2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Wolfsburg Edition Sedan (2.5L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Feels Brand New
By JC on 05/28/10 17:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is my first VW and I have to say that I'm sold. I've owned two Hondas and, while the gas mileage of the VW doesn't entirely measure up in the city, the comfort and drive quality more than make up for the lack of MPG. The first two weeks found me looking for reasons to drive somewhere. Took it on a long trip and loved every minute of it. So many little conveniences that I would have never thought of but have come to love (who thought to put a grocery bag hook in the trunk?) As I said, with the exception of the MPG in the city, I'm head over heels in love with this car. Only had 26k on it when I bought it and it feels like a brand new car!

Best Bang For The Buck
By Bill Baker on 02/08/09 20:11 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I bought this car for the looks even after hearing about problems with this car. I am so happy with this car and all it hasdone for me. I live where it snows 3 to 4 months out of the year and it dose a great job. I get 30mpg on the open road. And this car has a fit and finsh of a 40,000 car. I am sorry to say that I sell cars for a living and I did not buy some thing I sell. Happy Happy Jetta Owner

No Problems at all, fun to drive!
By PJW on 02/04/08 18:24 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Having a ball with this car. The redesign is/was very nice and while is may look somewhat bland, the lines are nice and compared to previous Jetta's, a very nice upgrade. Peppy, fun and much bigger too. Like the ride a lot.

My Baby Girl
By Ben Cooper on 11/10/07 20:57 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Since my husband has purchased my 2007 Jetta, it has been the best experience I have had. This care is the compact and fast. The take off is awesome.I drive to and from work which is about 13 miles. It's the smoothest ride for such a small car. After having it for two years I will trade it in for another VW Passat.

Great Car!
By Lyndy on 09/17/07 09:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I bought this car in January and already have 13000 miles on it. The dealership has given me great deals on maintenance and I haven't had any problems. I love how it drives and it is easy to handle. This is the first new car I've ever bought and it's great. So far it's been a reliable, low maintenance car!

Jetta Wolfsburg, Nice Car!
By JettaDriver on 09/01/07 16:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is my second VW Jetta that I have purchased. I traded in my 2004 Jetta GL and upgraded to the 2007 Wolfsburg Jetta. I couldn't think of any other car to purchase. It has always been reliable, great on gas, a smooth ride, and held its value very well. So far I am very impressed with the changes on the interior. Since the 2004 model they have added the temperature gauge, arm rest/console, mp3 jack, etc. The safety features are awesome too!

A Happy, Classy Car
By Jen on 07/07/07 21:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Overall I am in love with this car. The exterior styling is attractive without being excessively flashy, the interior is well thought out and welcoming. The steering is excellent, and don't be fooled by the 150 hp; the torque more than makes up for it and gives plenty of passing power. This car has a very solid feel for such a little thing. My only disappointment with the Jetta is its gas mileage. I've observed about 21/25, which is a bit inferior to other cars like the Civic or the Accord. Overall I am more than willing to make this trade off since I see a billion Hondas on the road every day, which makes me feel a bit more unique in my happy-looking Jetta. :)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition
By dj on 04/09/07 15:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Overall, I like the car but, they need to go back to the drawing board with the driver's seat. It is not comfortable if you have a short torso and I have to use a lumbar cushion if I drive very far. The seatbelt receiver is very low if you have to elevate the seat (it elevates up and forward) and it is so rigid (not like the flexible, higher version used for the passenger seat) that it causes the seatbelt "handle" to jab deeply into your hip and cause severe bruising. I am an average sized person and have never had this type of problem with any car that I have driven in 30 years. Be sure that you test drive the car with the seat adjusted to your fit and drive it around awhile.

The Wolfsburg Ed. - Nice deal!
By Larry$ on 02/21/07 08:14 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I purchased this car as an alternative to the GTI, GLI and Rabbit. The GTI and GLI were just too expensive when loaded up with the options I wanted while the Rabbit even fully loaded seemed lacking to me. The Wolfsburg Edition is a joy to drive, it handles as nicely as the others in my opinion, and even with the 2.5 has more than enough zip for me. I use it mostly for my commute to work, 25 miles one way and also to load up guitars in the trunk for repair work I do on the side. The trunk space is huge and can be expanded into the back seat area - a big plus for me, the main reason for the GTI and Rabbit was cargo space. This car gets about 30 mpg highway which accounts for most of my driving.

Great Car, Great Value
By LuvTheJetta on 02/20/07 13:19 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I researched other cars for about 3 months before I bought the Jetta Wolfsburg Edition. No other car could match the performance, safety, and features with the price of the Jetta. I love the standard options on the Wolfsburg. It is sporty but very comfortable inside. It's fun to drive and I've been happy with how powerful it is while maintaining decent gas mileage.