Used 2007 Volkswagen Jetta GLI Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Evo 8 to Jetta GLI
By TucsonDesertRat

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Well, you may think I'm crazy going from high-performance to economical but, this car still holds to the same fun as the EVO 8 w/o the speed or the cops always looking your way. I choose the GLI because of it great features it offers the features of a BMW 3 Series without the sticker price and you get all the extras that the EVO didn't have! GREAT gas mileage! The in-dash display that almost tells you everything about your cars status is pretty cool too! I'll miss the HP and torque of my EVO but, not the highschool kids always trying to race me! ;-) Good job VW!!

I enjoy the heated seats, and the 6- disc cd play and the in-dash display that gives that status of your car. The GLI has good pick-up for 200hp turbo!

With this being a turbocharged vehicle, I would suggest room for an intercooler and a performance exhaust. All said and done its great!

Poor man's BMW
By W Brown

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased a used 1.8 Turbo (2003). My pleasure at owning this car led to the purchase of our new Jetta. I am greatly pleased with the handling and performance of the new Jetta. It does, however, seem so much "bigger" than the older car. The Tiptronic trans. is excellent, and snaps off manual shifts faster than any human could perform.One of the most impressive things about the car, is the build quality. Truly German, a poor man's BMW.

Acceleration!! Braking! Highway cruising.

Fill in the grab handles on the console (below the radio), it wastes space.