Used 2007 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5 PZEV Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Wishing for more
By mat

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is my 5th Jetta and there are a few major issues. The car failed to start 3 times and the alarm went off in the middle of the night for no reason. It was an electrical short that took 3 trips to the dealer to fix. The last time it was there for 5 weeks!!! The center console "handles" crowd the drivers right leg and they serve no purpose! The gas mileage is not the best/or worst but for mileage this low I want a car that is faster. The acceleration is adequate however and I enjoy the fit and finish of the interior and exterior. The trunk and back seats are roomy. Besides the mechanical issues I like the handling. I will not however be purchasing at the end of my lease.

Fit and finish, leatherette, satellite radio, ipod outlet and handling.

better reliability, better service at the dealer from customer service and the actual mechanics!

Can't Wait to Get Rid of It
By Erik

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I bought this car and was happy with it until I started driving it further than a few blocks and winter came. It has no comfortable seating position. Also, the defroster does not heat the bottom part of front window, which leads to snow and ice buildup under the wipers. The transmission whine makes it sound like police are always present, when it's not grinding its gears. I used to have a V6 and the average gas mileage on that was nearly 20% better than I get on this car (though EPA ratings show it the other way around).

At least there is not much wind noise on the highway.

This car needs better build quality, a better stereo, a better transmission, and to get rid of the engine noise under acceleration (it sounds like a beater).

One Year Later...
By Aaron Lozano

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I drive a lot. On average, I spend about 50 minutes in my car daily. I'm currently at 25,000 miles on my '06 Jetta. It's been a year since I purchased my spice red Volkswagen Jetta and I'm still very pleased with my decision. Although it was not my first choice, I find it to be a beautiful car that is strong and enjoyable. On a separate note, the dealership is not as helpful. It is the only dealership that offers Jettas in my area, so I have no choice. The service department has been very rude to me on one issue. Still, overall I love my car. ;)