Used 2007 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Brakes Need Work
By CJ

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

As I read through the reviews, I agree with the brake issue. I had to replace my rear left brake system completely at about 10K miles. The rear caliber seized and wore down my pads and bent the rotors. I am now close to 18K and having another brake issue. I have had 2 other cars of which I put well over 100K each and did not run into this problem. If it were not for this problem, I would say the car is great. Awesome handling and great pickup. Very comfortable on long road trips. Just fix the brake issue!

Nice sound system for being stock. I like the interior design, especially the stick shifter...nice detailing.

FIX THE BRAKES! Replacing every 15K is ridiculous.

Since I can't afford the A4
By jettablue

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This truly is the next best or closest I can get to an A4 without feeling like I got the cheapest thing available. The value this car represents is incredible especially when looking at standard features. The ride is quite comparable to an Audi A4 although perhaps a bit softer.

The torque is amazing!! Don't let the horsepower numbers fool you. Drive it!

6 speed manual transmission on the 5 cylinder would be nice.

Nice Looks, but Do Your Homework!
By IL-VW

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

VW's exterior and interior material are much better than those that are used in most import and domestic autos, but mechanically I think they need to improve. We are currently having issues with oil consumption of 1 quart of 5W-40 synthetic oil ($5-6) every 1,300 miles and a soft brake pedal on cold starts. VW claims that 1 quart per 1,000 miles is normal. I do not agree with this, I think they got this spec. from the VW Bug. The dealer and VW Corp. will not fix these problems. Please, do your homework before you buy any VW. Try http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/ for consumer complaints before you buy.

It has a nice exterior and interior.

Improve the oil consumption issue and give it power brakes that work on cold starts. It should have more power for a vehicle with a 2.5L engine.

2007 Jetta 2.5 L (5 speed M) Review
By Dave Havriliak

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Simply put, this is a car of great compromise. This is my first VW. I wanted to reduce my operating costs due to rising fuel prices in the middle of 2006. Therefore the Jetta was considered. I am really glad I got one. It will be used as a commuter car that will get 100 miles per day put on it. As of today it has about 8,000 miles. I am getting 28 MPG (mostly freeway 72 MPH average with cruise control and regular unleaded). I use Mobil 1 synthetic (0- 40 wt) oil. Although the 5-cyl. engine lacks a little torque in the low RPM range, the 5 valve head runs pretty decent if you need to put your foot in it (above 3,000 RPM). I am 6' 1", 205 lbs and find the Jetta to have great comfort.

The satellite radio, smooth transmission, great ride, roomy trunk. nice interior design, easy to change oil/filter, easy reset maint computer. My son-in-law enjoyed the guitar for Christmas. I am glad to find nice people at VW, since Honda was acting too arrogant for me.

Give it an engine that makes better torque down low (2000 - 4000rpm) where you really need it. There's no reason not to have a 6-speed manual transmission for the 2.5L. Sell cheaper oil filters, $14 per filter is a little excessive for a $21,000 car. Don't ya think?

Fun Ride
By chachi313

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This car is a great car to drive. It handles pretty nicely. Its shifting is crisp. Just be careful you could break 100 mph without even noticing.

The Aux input for my new guitar and iPod.

The dimming mirrors, steering wheel buttons, and rear cup holders should come standard.