2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Brakes Need Work
By CJ on 09/16/08 11:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

As I read through the reviews, I agree with the brake issue. I had to replace my rear left brake system completely at about 10K miles. The rear caliber seized and wore down my pads and bent the rotors. I am now close to 18K and having another brake issue. I have had 2 other cars of which I put well over 100K each and did not run into this problem. If it were not for this problem, I would say the car is great. Awesome handling and great pickup. Very comfortable on long road trips. Just fix the brake issue!

Since I can't afford the A4
By jettablue on 05/30/07 06:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This truly is the next best or closest I can get to an A4 without feeling like I got the cheapest thing available. The value this car represents is incredible especially when looking at standard features. The ride is quite comparable to an Audi A4 although perhaps a bit softer.

Nice Looks, but Do Your Homework!
By IL-VW on 02/08/07 11:14 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

VW's exterior and interior material are much better than those that are used in most import and domestic autos, but mechanically I think they need to improve. We are currently having issues with oil consumption of 1 quart of 5W-40 synthetic oil ($5-6) every 1,300 miles and a soft brake pedal on cold starts. VW claims that 1 quart per 1,000 miles is normal. I do not agree with this, I think they got this spec. from the VW Bug. The dealer and VW Corp. will not fix these problems. Please, do your homework before you buy any VW. Try http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/ for consumer complaints before you buy.

2007 Jetta 2.5 L (5 speed M) Review
By Dave Havriliak on 01/17/07 11:44 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Simply put, this is a car of great compromise. This is my first VW. I wanted to reduce my operating costs due to rising fuel prices in the middle of 2006. Therefore the Jetta was considered. I am really glad I got one. It will be used as a commuter car that will get 100 miles per day put on it. As of today it has about 8,000 miles. I am getting 28 MPG (mostly freeway 72 MPH average with cruise control and regular unleaded). I use Mobil 1 synthetic (0- 40 wt) oil. Although the 5-cyl. engine lacks a little torque in the low RPM range, the 5 valve head runs pretty decent if you need to put your foot in it (above 3,000 RPM). I am 6' 1", 205 lbs and find the Jetta to have great comfort.

Fun Ride
By chachi313 on 01/11/07 20:59 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This car is a great car to drive. It handles pretty nicely. Its shifting is crisp. Just be careful you could break 100 mph without even noticing.

Great, Great Car
By SarahR on 11/25/06 11:24 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I recommend VW as a brand to anybody. They are great cars that hold up forever. They are smooth riding, safe, and they look nice without being snotty. I really love this car.

Brilliant Little Car
By Jetta Lover on 11/08/06 13:39 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This car is stunning to look at and has loads of power, with the Tiptronic transmission and sports mode providing a whole lot of thrills. It has a surprisingly spacious interior and more than enough room for three sets of golf clubs. The standard 6 disc sound system is impressive and the leatherette seats are almost as good as the real thing (and far better than cloth). The fuel economy is excellent. It's a lot of fun to drive and can fit into virtually any parking space. I'm seriously considering buying another one for my wife.

Great Imporvment
By Dave on 10/26/06 15:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is a great vehicle to drive. It's fun and sporty, but also very safe and economic. Great job Volkswagen.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.