2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Easily the best car in its' class
By homerkc on 10/05/11 18:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Just turned 75K miles; a GREAT car for the past 5 yrs. It's economical (23-31mpg), sufficiently fast, rides better on the highway than cars costing much more, big trunk, and top safety ratings. It's a pleasure to drive every day, and it's just a base model car with the 150 HP engine. I had the rear brake problem, but my dealer put new rotors on under warranty and everything seems to be OK. I've put little else into the car - I do much of the routine maintenance myself, and without the dealer labor, the upkeep is reasonable. I enjoy the little luxuries on the base car, like soft touch plastics, lighted switches, climate control, 1 touch windows, etc. A great deal and reliable, too.

Good mileage, my foot!
By DanTheMan2007 on 10/08/07 17:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd Jetta, 3rd VW in all. My '98 Jetta got well over 30 mpg. My '07 averages 18 mpg! I've been back to my dealership 4 times and they basically tell me 'too bad'. I contact VW Corporate and they told me I have to work with the dealership, and that Corporate has nothing to do with it. Overall, I love the car, except the gas mileage and the lack of power (feels like 4 cylinders, not 5). I'm very disappointed in VW on the way they handled this issue.

07 Jetta VP
By J on 04/12/07 14:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I bought the Jetta thinking it was a German car that was pricey but worth the money due to the materials and workmanship. I am incredibly disappointed. When I picked up the car the keyless entry didn't work and the radio had interference. The dealer to date is unable to fix the radio. It sounds bad enough to drive me crazy and not terrible enough for the VW people to care. They replaced the radio once and it still is not fixed. Even worse I had to visit the dealership 7 times to have them keep trying to fix it. That is not including the 8 times for them to fix my keyless entry. I have only owned Hondas until this VW. I will never buy a VW again.

2007 Volkswagen Jetta
By mboggian on 01/09/07 09:55 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

When I searched for my first new car, I had focused on Honda, as I have had good experiences with Hondas previously. However, I was pleasantly surprised with the VW Jetta. It is small on the outside and big on the inside, there's plenty of space for passengers and storage. It's a lot of fun to drive. The only drawback it has is it gets lower gas mileage than I would like. I can justify this by attributing the lower gas mileage to a heavy car body, which serves as an excellent safety feature.

As Expected
By Babbo on 01/01/07 17:35 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is not a sexy car, but it offers good service and comfort at a very favorable value. "The People's Car"

Safe Car
By KCVW on 12/22/06 10:26 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This car is a very good deal. It comes with ESP and all of the safety equipment, top crash and dynamic safety ratings for $17,500. I like the car overall. Its front seat comfort is only so-so for me, but the ride is very good. Its performance is fine, but its gas mileage is just OK. Nothing feels better at highway speeds (any speed you choose) than a VW. That makes them great cruisers. For the money it's quite a deal.

Jetta Review
By Dan on 11/22/06 11:33 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I love the car. I had a great experience with the dealership and service has been great.

Great Ride
By snowdance on 11/20/06 07:22 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is a nice ride. It's quite inside and has a nice shifting transmission. It handles well at speeds and through mountain corners. It delivers great power at all RPM. It is far nicer than my '95 Mercedes 300CE. VW has come a long way.

Pretty Nice Car
By JesseJ on 11/14/06 16:37 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2007 VW Jetta 2.5L. I like the looks of the Jetta from the outside more than I do the inside. Overall, it is nice and fun to drive. It is a good vehicle for the money. I didn't look at any other car except for the Honda Civic, but didn't like its new body.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.