2007 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Would be better in Germany
By lefuulei on 06/13/13 14:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought my Jetta Brand New of the lot. Everything on this car is decent to good but not stellar. It's a nice, sporty vehicle, great sound system, handles well and I loved it while I leased it. But even during that time frame there were recalls on the vehicle for small things like Light adjustments. Another recall was for the sunroof but they charge you $150 to fix it. Third recall was for fixing the wiper blades which threaten to cut the fuel line. The spedometer is off and the clock runs fast. But be warned: If the EPC light comes on you won't have any idea WHAT it is! Recently just spent $400 to repair the speed sensor. As with any foreign car: Expect expensive parts and limited service.

Fell in Love after the first ride
By ehollander on 05/22/12 14:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought it in 2010 as a certified used car with 40K miles on it, and I need to say it is a blast to drive it everyday, I drove many cars before from Olds to Ford, Toyota and Chrysler but none kept me interested in keeping the car longer then 2 years. But this one is the best in quality fabrication, interior space quality and ride pleasure. I averaged about 30MPG before I changed my tires and had an allingment done now with the new ecopias it is even better new avg is 33-34 MPG and the cabin is so quiet. Also after 35k miles driven now no problems not even the rear breaks, but the dealer told me I would need to replace them after about 40K miles. I LOVE THE JETTA.

Easily the best car in its' class
By homerkc on 10/05/11 18:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Just turned 75K miles; a GREAT car for the past 5 yrs. It's economical (23-31mpg), sufficiently fast, rides better on the highway than cars costing much more, big trunk, and top safety ratings. It's a pleasure to drive every day, and it's just a base model car with the 150 HP engine. I had the rear brake problem, but my dealer put new rotors on under warranty and everything seems to be OK. I've put little else into the car - I do much of the routine maintenance myself, and without the dealer labor, the upkeep is reasonable. I enjoy the little luxuries on the base car, like soft touch plastics, lighted switches, climate control, 1 touch windows, etc. A great deal and reliable, too.

Great Little Car
By jenniferow16 on 07/14/11 22:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I have owned my Jetta for almost 4 years now. I have almost 70,000 miles, and have had very few problems. My gas milage averages 23 city and 31 hwy. Car is fast, handles well, and is SUPER comfortable. The trunk is very large, I can fit a bike with the seats down. Down Side: maintenance is expensive at least 500.00 every 5,000 miles. I have had a problem with my brakes, which was not discovered in the scheduled maintenance and cost over 600.00 with the extended warranty. My air/vent dial currently does not work and air only blow on high. Who knows how much that will cost. The ipod jack should be in the arm rest and not the glove box. Next car will be a Jetta Wagon TDI, or Audi A4 wagon.

Great car!
By briandjctn on 01/17/11 18:38 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I got this car new in Oct 2007. It now has a little over 46k miles on it. I have had only 3 minor warranty repairs. The car has been a blast to drive since the day I bought it. It has been reliable, and gets good gas mileage (usually about 25-28 mpg combined city/hwy). A word of warning though, to those that live in areas prone to snow in the winter: winter tires are a must. This car is truly terrible in the snow. It will go along ok on flat ground - but it will not go up the slightest snow covered incline. The DSG gearbox will not allow 2nd gear starts, nor will it shift to another gear if the wheels are spinning. Overall though, a great car. Love the torque!

2007 Jetta Wolfsburg edition 5Cyl Auto
By Greg on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This car is very fun to drive, and for its price it's well worth every penny. I'm a male 23 years old, and sure the jetta's are typically known to be "chick" cars, which i found ridiculous, personally. But that just goes to show people, than buying a big truck doesn't make you a man, rising above the influence and not giving a damn what people think perhaps helps. But anyway, what i do find a bit irritating is that the aux connection is in the glove department, which is pretty inconvienant. I dont know what those germans were thinking. The turning radius is great, and for a 150hp it accelerates very well. Lots of space in the trunk, sound quality is decent, heated seats are amazing.

VW Wolfsburg
By Shambur1980 on 09/01/10 07:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This has been a sporty, well-built vehicle and I have not had a bit of trouble w/ it in 4 years. PROS: - tight steering / drive (typical of European cars) - safe - advises if road is slippery - appearance - sits up high CONS: - more costly to maintain (e.g. oil changes) - not super comfy for longer trips - fuel efficiency (average)

Bought Another!
By Bel Air Car Guy on 08/02/10 09:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I have a 2009 Jetta as a company car, which I drive daily. Needed a car for my college daughter, and she liked my Jetta, so we found a 2007 white Jetta with automatic and sunroof. Car is as much fun to drive, as tight a body, taught steering and suspension as my 2009. The 2007 has 49,000 miles compared to the 2009 with 24,000 miles. Great cars that make you want to drive them all the time! Have taken my 2009 on road trips up to 7-8 hours for business purposes, as never tired, my back does not ache, and still in a good mood when I arrive!

Proud owner
By Vandekamp on 07/23/10 09:12 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I am very happy with my car, from its leather interiors to the way it can glide down the road. plenty of pep if you want it, and is economy friendly fun. Its worth every penny, Family car/Sports sedan Volkswagen has created a fun car for all

Didn't want to buy it
By Karen on 07/18/10 12:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I did not want to buy a VW, but my husband convinced me to drive the 2 liter turbo (the 2 liter non-turbo was a joke). 3 years and 97,000 miles later, I am very happy with the Jetta. It's economical to drive(I average 28mpg overall), yet has plenty of horsepower when I need to pass. The interior is well fitted and has held up very well to daily use - car seats, grand kids et cetera. Trunk is spacious and fold-down seats very useful. Very quiet to drive and very reliable. It's a fun car to operate and has had no mechanical issues so far.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.