Still Enjoy BUT
By aemgli on
2006 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
This is the nicest car I have owned. It is quick while getting good gas mileage. I said good not great 27city and 29hwy. That is about the best I have been able to get but for the power the engine has it is good. The DSG 6 speed trans is great . You can drive it in Normal , Sport , or Manual. Be warned to get that trans serviced is about $300 . The handling of the car is great. It will take turns and stops like you would not believe . I don't know how it all works but this car feels like it stops better then most small cars out there . This is were I am running into problems. I have been to the dealer about 10 times for problems in the 4 months that I have had the car for eng probs. 26000mi
Favorite Features
I am still finding features out about this car . It was raining the other day had the wipers on low and when I stopped they went to int mode till I started moving again. I has one touch windows up and down on all 4 windows. The DSG trans while pricey to up keep is great. The blue and red dash is neat to . The middle line stereo sounds great. The radio also has standy by power . If you push the power button while the key is out it will come on for about 15 mins. Saw some bad reviews in this area but not sure what stereo the had .
Suggested Improvements
The interior material on the car is peeling around the radio and the sunroof switch. This is problem this year car. Overall VW is ok. I think I just got a bad car . There is one out there every were.