2006 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: This Car Delivers

2006 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

GLI Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual)

This Car Delivers
By GLI Guy on

2006 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I had been looking for a new car for awhile. I really wanted another VW (my '98 Beetle had been flawless), but they had no new offerings that appealed to me. Once I saw the Jetta GLI I was interested, but a test drive sealed the deal. The car is excellent, delivering performance and comfort in a relatively affordable package. It is an Audi with a VW price. In the 1+ year I have had it I have had only two issues, both dealing with the XM stereo. My friends comment about my "fancy" VW all the time and people comment on how sexy the car is. I've never heard a VW called sexy. Its fuel economy has been good, I average 26 mpg between city and highway driving. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Favorite Features

The thick, comfy steering wheel. I like how the turn signals blink three times when you tap the stalk (for passing). The powerful, smooth turbo engine is great. So are the comfy sport seats. It has great passenger room, neat Xenon headlights, a sunroof, a smooth shifting manual transmission, XM radio, seat heaters, and auto climate control.

Suggested Improvements

lowered the ride height (give us the German suspension!). The side mirror heaters work independently of the rear defroster, I often forget to turn them off. The front black grille is an improvement over all the chrome on other Jettas, but the overall styling is rather boring. It needs more exciting, German styling