2006 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Nice Surprise

2006 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

2.0T Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual)

Nice Surprise
By dave on

2006 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My wife just totaled our 2005 volvo S60, so we went back to the dealer to replace her car. The dealership dropped their Volvo line but asked us to just give the VW a try. He said we would find the VW Passat better than the Volvo and we did! Then a white Jetta caught my eye. I took the turbo out for a run and found it to be a blast to drive and fully loaded with unexpected features that my 2002 Celica didnt have. The turbo is fast and the car handles like it's on rails. I call it a "poor man's BMW 325, lol" I once had a 325 and I actually prefer driving the Jetta. It is a little bland looking, but for some reason it looks better to me in white. I think it makes it look larger. I love it.

Favorite Features

The turbo, smooth shifting 6-speed transmission, the handling, and the enterior features. I like having controls on the steering wheel and sattelite radio comes standard.

Suggested Improvements

It is a little bland looking, but maybe I won't get tickets when the car is going faster than I think it is. It looks a little Japanese, not that Japanese cars are bad, but it doesn't really look like a German sedan, but it sure drives and handles like one!