I love this car!
By dlaporte1 on
2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)
We bought this car new in 2006 and now have 211,000 miles on it. We've replaced the timing belt twice and had 3 wheel bearings replaced. We recently replaced the original battery and the brakes have only been replaced once. Yeah, the rubber has worn off the radio buttons, but that's just cosmetic, who cares? I change the oil every 5,000 miles religiously and it doesn't leak or burn oil. It's been a great car! We're contemplating replacing the wheels because they're getting beat up - again cosmetic.
Favorite Features
Our favorite features - manual transmission, the trunk is big enough to carry 2 bodies around and the back seat is large enough for normal sized people. We also love the heated leather seats and the dual heater controls (I'm always warm, he's always cold). All in all, a great car.
Suggested Improvements
Deeper cup holders and a larger glove box would be nice. I'm not really fond of the plastic grill with chrome on it, but every vehicle has that anymore. I also wish that the tires wouldn't pack snow up in the wheel wells - it's almost impossible to remove and turns into ice.