2006 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Continues to WOW

2006 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

Value Edition Sedan (2.5L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Continues to WOW
By Jwo on

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I still am in love with my Jetta. I a bought it exactly a year ago and every day it continues to impress me and others. The more I drive the car the better the gas mileage gets. I currently average about 28 mpg in mixed driving. While those figures are not the best in class it is still really good. Highway driving I have gotten upwards of 34 mpg. The 5-speed manual transmission is still as smooth as the day I bought it and the clutch is as light as a feather (no joke). The power is not overwhelming but is not underwhelming, the torque, especially midrange is what truely is impressive. My friends continue to be wowed at the feature content of the car for the low base price. Keep it up VW!

The high quality interior that doesn't reflect relatively low price point. Trunk space galore! The roomy interior that is comfortable on trips with four passengers. The silky smooth transmission and clutch. The agressive front fascia. The relatively good gas mileage with a torquey engine and so so horsepower.

The rear end of the car is the worst flaw. 1) it looks TOO much like Toyota Corolla 2) it end sits up a little high, giving the car an awkward look. Please change the rear end styling to make this near perfect car even closer to perfection. Also, the rear cupholders are not availible of in Value Edition. Give it better hubcaps.