Nothing but problems....
By Fletcher on
2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
For every dollar saved in mileage, you will spend two on maintenance. The following has been repaired so far: turbo, dash display control chip, stereo, interior lights, and driver's electric seat controls. The outside mirror defogger works intermittently and the ceiling skirt is falling down and in some places, hanging. Dealer maintenance is expensive as are the parts. In hindsite, a quality Japanese car with weaker gas mileage would have been a better choice. Never again.
Favorite Features
Gas mileage
Suggested Improvements
Build them in Japan. Get the extended warranty!!!
By okcar4me
on 12/15/10 17:25 PM (PST)

Japanase cars... far better value than VW weak engineering, sorry too many NHTSA Complaints, just google ODI NHTSA, search for complaints, any how few recalls VW wants! Never again here as well.....

By bethva
on 01/11/11 09:02 AM (PST)

I had the same problem with the headliner in my 2006 Jetta GLI. I called VW directly to ask them if they were having problem with any others since I thought it was way to soon to be having this kind of porblem with a 2006. The girl I intially spoke to took all my info and said someone would be returning my call, which they did in less than 24 hours. VWOA paid 100% to have the headliner replaced. Much more than I expected, I was expecting them to help with a portion of the cost at the very least. In fact before I could even bring that point up the offer was made. Now if I could only get the engine light problem resolved!

By petedapirate
on 10/30/11 13:16 PM (PDT)

I totally agree my 06 TDI Jetta has 40K Miles and has cost about 5K in repairs so far - all new brakes - discs and pads - ABS- steering columb computer module - door lock- door computer - extended warranty fron GE sold by dealer when I bought it new offered $260 for the 1K in repairs - dont buy that either! (There are over a dozen canbus computer modules in this POS!) looks great drives great but I cannot afford all the repairs, it has been over 1K in the last week alone, two visits to the dealer and 4 days in total. Looking for a trade on a Subaru! Oh yea its crap in the snow too - ever tried to hook onto the front to get it up a small rise thats icy - you are met with an endless sheet of plastic..