Need deep pockets for repair/maintenance.
By norsechild76 on
2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
110K miles on 2006 Jetta TDI, original owner. Had to have both front axles replaced under warranty in 2008. Just had to have the dual mass flywheel replaced and another axle...$2,400.00 out the door. 100k mile maintenance, another $1,200.00. Headliner is falling down around our ears and has been for several years. Dealer experience is great as long as you are willing to right big checks and not question anything. Very disappointed overall with the value of this vehicle...will NOT buy another. Next car will be a Subaru or Honda.
Favorite Features
Mileage is great, but the cost of maintenance and repairs far outstrips any savings.
Suggested Improvements
Improve headliner design/construction, improve dual mass flywheel design/construction and have some sort of remedy readily available for consumers when parts like this do fail.
By norsechild76
on 06/16/12 01:49 AM (PDT)

VW of America has issued a $500 dealer certificate for the issues listed in the above review. I'm torn at this point. I still feel like their customer support is poor but I do like my car. Hopefully I can get another 100k out of it before another major repair, though I expect that the other axle will need replaced before too long. One thing is for certain, at this point, after using their $500 certificate I will not be using Maxwell VW in Burlington, NC or any other dealership for further repairs. There was zero support from them after five years of routine maintenance and repair business...to include $600 to have a spring replaced in the horn so it would pass inspection, also out of warranty.

By zorica
on 10/11/12 07:32 AM (PDT)

I agree with you. Customer service is very poor, service dep. is no better from my experience. I've been having problems with my car from day 1 and service dep. basicly told me its me who is having issues not the car. Once warany was done, everything started to fail. AC, wheel berings, electrical is a mess, now fly wheel... And they don't want to do anything for it. The part that kills me is they are saying that I should expect the problems once warrany runs out. I did not know that you should have things braking once your vehicle reaches 80.000 KM. In that case I would buy a cheeper car with cheeper repairs. In my opinion people should stay away from the VW vehicles unless they are looking into buying a new once every 4 years (if they don't want spit out 1000's of dollars for repairs), or they looking into poor CS, someone to make them feel domb once they put in complaint etc.