2006 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Love this car!

2006 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

TDI Sedan (1.9L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 5-speed Manual)

Love this car!
By Mark on

2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

The car has a great feel on the road. This is my first diesel and German car for that matter and I am sold! So many little features in the interior, I'm amazed at how much thought went into the little things. I still discover new features I never realized were there, years later. I've also never needed to use any fuel additives for the winter and I've never had an issue with Michigan's cold months. At 50,000 miles, all four sets of brake pads still have more than 50% pad left and the pad wear appears even across all 4 wheels. This is a great car, you will never regret the purchase.

Most maintenance is super easy since most things are easily accessible in the engine compartment including the fuel filter. Depending on how I drive the car, I get between 38 and 42 mpg. I can drive this car 90 mph consistently for hours and still get 38 mpg.

The rear decorative cover plate for the exhaust needs to be fastened better. I think I lost mine in a car wash at some point, but actually I'm better off without it as it collected diesel soot and really you can't even tell its missing. Would love to see a 6-speed transmission.