2006 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5L 5-cyl. 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - I should have bought a

2006 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

2.5 PZEV Sedan (2.5L 5-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

I should have bought a Honda
By Goldman on

2006 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought this car because I was following my heart and ignoring my head, what a costly mistake. I am currently in discussions with an attorney on lemon lawing the car. The car would not start the first day I had it. Towed to dealer, was told it was a 'software' glitch. Two days later car left me and a client stranded out at lunch. Again, the dealer says 'software' glitch. Last night the wipers would not work in a storm. I sat on the side of the road burning up my cell phone minutes instead. I have come to find out that the zone rep is not believable and that VW could care less. I've gone as far as speaking with a VP of Customer Care. He said in so many words, 'you have a warranty'.

Favorite Features

Sharp interior that is both rich and functional. Pleasant car to drive when it starts.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability, reliability, reliability. More road noise than my wife's 7 year old Honda. My neighbors and co-workers warned me against buying a VW. Sadly I did not listen.