camshaft needs replacing at only 200k!
By tdi06 on
2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
I am not impressed with having my cam shaft replaced at only 200k. To top off the cost of repair vw is charging double for the major replacement parts over OEM. I purchased the shaft for 480 (vw was 985) and the follow (lifters) for 180 (vw was 464). Add the extra taxes I dont have to pay on money saved and I saved a 1000 dollars just by making a few calls on the parts. 16 hours labour at 115 per and they still HAVE to gouge me on the parts. Just doesnt seem fair after spending an additional 10k to purchase a diesel so i wouldnt have to worry about major expenses so soon. I must say in vw defence that after all these years they have kept the 'treat women like they dont have a clue' spirit!
Suggested Improvements
Individual arm rests in the front and the back. Tighter fitting doors to keep all the dirt out that accumulates when driving on the inside panels. Power seat on the passenger side as well. More ergonomic seats. my top clear coating began peeling after 60k even tho my car was parked in a garage when not in use. I was told no warranty.