2006 Volkswagen Jetta 1.9L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Awesome Car

2006 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

TDI Sedan (1.9L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 5-speed Manual)

Awesome Car
By SGM on

2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I've owned VW's over the years and this is by far my favorite. I liked it so much I bought an 09 w/auto 6sp. The 06 definitely likes a manual better to keep the power in the right band and it gets better mileage. The Trans works great and the clutch has held up well. Don't know about the 06 trans but the new 6sp auto rocks as well. As far as maintenance-just about every new car uses a belt not a chain-it's quieter. It is expensive to replace most belts on any car. That is not a fair complaint on THIS car more than any other. Handling is excellent. The suspension might be stiff for some but it handles as well as my BMW. If you can find a nice low mileage used 06 with manual trans BUY I

Favorite Features

Mileage, Manual trans (a blast to run through the gears), handling (curves are a blast-I walk away from most cars), Power-no other car can get 40mpg at 80mph- I have to watch the speed all the time-100mph passes in rural Texas are common, The Gas tank- 600 mile tanks are common. I also love the int.

Suggested Improvements

Not a lot. The 09 has more power but gas mileage suffers. I wish it had come with Bluetooth but that is fixable. Power right seat would have been nice.