Avaoid if possible
By ron_dg on
2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
- superb fuel economy; beats by far any hybrid
- pretty powerfull engine for a 1.9 liter
- a lot of extras from dual power seats to leather
- roomy inside despite apparences
- feels like a cheap car after 1-2 years - plastiky...
- tapistry falls apart in less than 1 year - twice !
- real bad mechanics ( 3 automatic transmissions changed in 4 years )
- at about 68 k miles, need to add oil even between oil changes.
- engine start loosing power after 3 years; could not diagnostic the issue even after a computer upgrade;
Bottom line, a fun car to drive while it works. When the mechanics and the technicians at the dealership knows you by name when you pull in, is bad...
- AC dual climate control
- leather seats - no longer available in the new versions
- dual power seats - no longer available on the new models
- great factory radio
- Quality, quality, quality....
In a short while after you own this car it starts feel like a cheap, disposable car, despite a great diesel engine.
its like this, they are not better then the hybrids on mpg, they top out only to 42mpg if your lucky and about 32 in city. i have a hybrid, its better the 42 mpg, maybe check the facts out first,my friend has one, and i have a hybrid, i get about 54mpg,
not even close on the jetta. also jetta have a lot of issue, very expensive on maintence to.