80,000 and going strong
By Tom on
2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
We have owned this car for 2 1/2 years. I drive over 2 mountain passes nearly weekly with heavy snow in the winter. The car accelerates well, is great in snow, runs as well with 4 adults as it does with one. I am not sure where others get their numbers for MPG, but I consistently get 40+ at average speeds of 60 MPH with an automatic transmission. The only time it gets less is when the air conditioning is on. Prior to purchasing the VW we owned a Honda Accord which was a great car. One very significant difference between the Honda and the VW is how much more it takes to ding the sides of the VW as compared to the Honda. Without a dozen dings, pride of ownership comes much easier.
Favorite Features
I like the car's style and the way it handles. The extra power produced by the turbo is great as is the compression that allows me to go down long hills without continually braking. I am 6'2" tall and often drive in comfort for hours without getting out of the car.
Suggested Improvements
Something that would keep snow from building up at the bottom and sides of front windshield.