2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
VW DID IT AGAIN
By Tim on 02/20/08 12:27 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd VW Jetta. I owned a 2000 GLS 2.0 and 2004 GLS 1.8T. I never have had any problems with any of them. So far, I have 17000 miles on the 2006 and no issues. This car is quiet, no wind noise, the engine sounds great when you step on it, the transmission/clutch is smooth, excellent stero system sound, great heated leatherette seats, excellent climate control system, and by far EXCELLENT handling. My only complaint is the city driving gas mileage is poor compaired to my old Jettas.

Great car
By joe richardson on 02/13/08 20:31 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I love the six speed trans, the car has a real solid feel to it and I think it has more than ample power.

I Love To Drive My V-Dub
By KJ on 02/06/08 14:15 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Have you ever owned a car that you can't wait to drive it again? This is the car! This is truly a driver's car. The fit and finish is first rate. Where do I start? It's the premium sound system with Sirius satellite and 6 disc MP3 player and the leather heated seats and the attractive interior night lighting and the power sunroof and the automatic climate controls and the automatic headlights and the rain sensing windshield wipers and the spacious trunk. This is a loaded vehicle. This is what a luxury car is supposed to be.

Best car I've owned
By scirocco62 on 01/24/08 19:01 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I've my Jetta for over 2 years and I will be sorry to see it go when my lease ends. Although it looks too much like a Toyota once you get behind the wheel you know it's a VW. I love the MP3 CD player and the ice cold a/c in the summer and the heated mirrors and quick heat in the winter. The car is an absolute blast to drive and my dealer is great only had 1 problem with the brakes and they took care of immediately. I will certainly lease another. one

Don't Do It
By UnfortunateSoul on 10/13/07 12:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I bought my Jetta in August. In November, I had an A/C issue, fixed w/warranty. In July I had a brake problem - needed brand new rear pads and rotors due to some horrible manufacturing issue. Not covered under warranty since I was past 12,000 mi. August 2007 (one year later) I find paint chipping from the rear passenger window frame. Very unhappy w/this purchase.

Not Sure If I'll Get Another V-Dub
By Ed on 09/13/07 07:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

First VW to own. 2006 manual GLI package w/leather, XM radio. Fun car to drive but already had problems with it and had it a year. Had 2 months before it started overheating - coolant hose connection problem that kept the fan running after I turned the ignition off, which was depleting the battery. Five months later, another problem with a hose that was making some heavy noise from the engine. Both were fixed by the dealer. Now all of the buttons are starting to peel off (plastic/rubber finish)!? Went to the dealer, have to come back when someone could pull out the radio, find the manufacturer, and order new radio. Dealer oil changes too $$. Took to private shop, told it was burning oil like crazy!

Amazing Car
By GMAN on 06/16/07 12:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car continues to amaze us with its handling and power. We have 10,000 miles now with no problems at all and we drive this car pretty hard. The overall gas mileage average is 26 miles per gallon which is very good considering the performance and all of the stop and go traffic. This is truly a 4 door sports car that is fun for the family.

Excellent car!
By AdamRobinson on 06/02/07 23:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Overall great car for daily commuter! Everything someone could need in a great small car package! I drive 500 miles a week and would want nothing else.

2006 GLI 2.0T
By VW on 05/03/07 14:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had this car for 6 months and love it. Interior is much improved from my 03 GTI VR6, the ergonomics are far superior. The turbo engine is strong no matter where you catch it in the RPM band and the six speed is excellent. Features such as the trip computer, auto up/down on all the windows, and ventilated glovebox are all small features that set this car apart from its competitors. This car represents excellent value. Oh did I mention I have logged 34.5 mpg on the highway?

Time Will Tell
By rjs38 on 04/28/07 10:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have only had this car for a short time, but so far I love it. I was hesitant to buy based on previous reliability reports on earlier models (I have always driven Acura/Honda--very consistent with reliability). But I did extensive research with this model getting good reviews with more positive points on performance than appearance. I like the sporty feel of the turbo. It's roomier than previous models. Leather sport seats are very comfortable. Only time will tell if VW has improved its reliability.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.