2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
mediocre
By Tom on 10/15/08 12:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

The driver's door began to separate from the frame. The electronics in the door suffered from a short. Plastic parts on the interior break off on their own and are expensive to replace. My car may have been one of the first new Jettas, but some of these issues are unacceptable.

Honeymoon period gone?
By tpas on 10/02/08 20:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Pls. Don't get me wrong. I still love my gli 'o6. Awesome car, lots of fun to ride and drive. This is the best car I've driven for its price. But they say you cannot have everything. Last a/c broke down. I was disappointed but not panicking. Thank god I still have warranty on it. Family motors of Bakersfield was awesome. You guys are the best. They help me out from start 'till a/c was working again. I was back on the road before sunset. Moral lesson= i will try to get extended warranty.

Jetta has been good to me
By kkempskie on 08/31/08 21:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

My 2nd Jetta and 4th VW. Love the tight feel and handling of this Jetta more than my past '98 Cabrio, '00 Jetta and '85 GTI. Drives awesome and even good in snow. Wish mileage was a little better, but it's not bad. The std options w/ my model are sweet (pwr snrf, AC, leather, pwr evythg). Always felt the build & finish were fine; knobs are sturdy, glove box doesn't break in winter (like my '00 did) and window clips are sturdy. $80 oil changes at dlr are a drag, yes, but skip those when u can at Jiffylube! All in all a great car w/ good looks, features. will cost a bit more at tune-up times ($700+ at 40K) but well worth the fun of driving this daily.

Never buy a VW Again!
By Robert on 08/18/08 11:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Car had problems from day one. Engine noise etc. Cheap made switches. This was my forth VW and last. Worst customer service in the industry. $89 oil change is ubsurd for a VW.

Quality, Performance, Value
By Christine on 07/10/08 05:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I did a lot of research before buying my VW. I had previously owned a Toyota & a Pontiac. Considered another Toyota but I found the value for the money was definitely with VW. I went with an '06 instead of an '08, and got all of the options I wanted for less money! I still have a 4 year warranty because it is a certified vehicle. The car drives like a dream! It has the triptronic so I can drive it like a stick shift if I want to (with no clutch!) The car is solid and I feel safe driving it. Also, this is my first time with a leather interior and I am loving it. Even on a few 100 degree days, it was not intolerable getting in (which I thought it would be). "It's the poor man's Mercedes!"

Love my Jetta
By Love my Jetta on 06/25/08 15:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is my second Jetta. Even though Consumer Reports gave the Jetta a poor review in 2005 I went ahead and bought the '06. My previous Jetta was a '98. What a great choice that was. I have had it for over two years now and, 24,000 miles later, it has performed perfectly. I still get a thrill out of driving it. City mileage about 24-25 mpg.

"BIG" Surprise
By Joe on 06/12/08 11:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

So I never intended to even look at a VW Jetta but was coaxed into trying it on for size. I'm 6'3 & 300 lbs so you can imagine my skepticism. I sat down totally blown away. Tons of head room, leg room, comfortable seat, & still with all of the above to spare. Next thought? oh it won't be any fun or have any power. 200 HP out of an inline 4 cyl turbo. GREAT pickup & performance, gears changing so smoothly I can't even feel them change. Takes a corner like a pro on rails. Great MPG to boot, well as long as you don't put it in the sport mode & drive normal. All in all I couldn't have picked a better car for what I wanted. Safety, performance, good MPG, 4yr/50k warranty, comfort, & style.

I love my GLi
By Christi on 05/16/08 10:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car has been a joy to drive and a blast to rip around town in. The trunk holds anything I throw at it and the paddle shifters make even the worst traffic enjoyable. I did have a couple of issues at the beginning, but that came from sitting on a lot for almost a year before I got it. And the dealer was wonderful about taking care of them on their tab. It is also a little rocket!! I love having kids in souped up cars try and race me - I leave them at the line every time!

Horrible....Don't ever buy these
By Corey on 03/23/08 18:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Nothing but trouble. Have had engine problems forever. The radio emblems even wear off. How pathetic is that. Then, Volkswagen people try to give us the run-around all the time. And the warranty won't even cover it. Worst vehicle and company i've ever been associated with. Period, Never buy a Volkswagen. Ever.

VW DID IT AGAIN
By Tim on 02/20/08 12:27 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd VW Jetta. I owned a 2000 GLS 2.0 and 2004 GLS 1.8T. I never have had any problems with any of them. So far, I have 17000 miles on the 2006 and no issues. This car is quiet, no wind noise, the engine sounds great when you step on it, the transmission/clutch is smooth, excellent stero system sound, great heated leatherette seats, excellent climate control system, and by far EXCELLENT handling. My only complaint is the city driving gas mileage is poor compaired to my old Jettas.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.