2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews 6

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Value Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Still loving my GLI
By On the go girl on 05/20/09 19:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have 52,000 miles on my car, and it's still doing great. I had never owned a VW before this one, and I've been very pleased so far.

great car but paint..
By adam on 04/29/09 12:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

i love this car. i got indash gps. i also go 4 12 inch subs. fully loaded package 2. but the only thing i had is the paint. i got a black jetta. but the paint is just horrible after driving it. i just will have to get it buffed. i just worry that it wont make it worse.

Fun to drive but Thirsty
By mikey on 04/02/09 23:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

The car is really fast and handles really well. The only "negative" thing I got to say is that it's too thirsty (and it's Premium also). I get about 450km per full tank driving normal, and 350 km per tank driving fast, but I still LOVE it!!!

Get in the Jetta
By ag on 03/27/09 13:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Value Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I bought my '06 Jetta in January of 2006 and have had only one problem with it. Early on, the wiring harness went out, but luckily, it was covered under the warranty. Other than that, NOTHING has gone wrong (of course, now that I own it, I may have jinxed myself). It loves ice and snow, stops on a dime, and handles speeds up to 105 without vibration. Love it. Everyone should get one!

Car not worth poor customer service
By Tredsahm on 03/13/09 16:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I have been disappointed with my Jetta. While the car handles well with a lot of pep, visibility from the sides & rear is extremely poor due to window heights & wide side struts. Paint quality is poor, scratching at the slightest ding & worse than any car I've owned. The speedometer registers a higher-than-actual speed. The dealership refused to replace it under warranty when the problem was first noticed. There is now a TSB for the issue. Worst of all is the deplorable customer service. Service has to be fought for & requires multiple visits for the same problem. Service managers are rude & show no remorse for inconveniencing customers. The car is not worth the battle.

Why buy a 325
By Sajohns on 02/26/09 18:20 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Remarkably quick acceleration and handling for a front wheel drive. 17" wheels and window tint are a necessary upgrade for the value edition. Interior has held up extremely well and I have had no problems with the car so far, but of course it is still under warranty. It does seem to get out of alignment easily, which burns up the tires.

Perfect car
By 100% Satisfied on 02/09/09 16:33 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I'm a proud owner of the '06 Jetta and from the moment I drove it off the car lot I've been nothing but in love with it! I recently took in on a road trip and got GREAT gas mileage (30 mpg) it COMFORTABLY seated 3 adults & a baby who's in a car seat. I have nothing bad to say about this car at all! It's 100% amazing!!!

Makes my drives actually Exciting!!!
By Vonnicht on 01/10/09 03:28 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I have had the car since Aug of 2008 and I am very impressed with Volkswagen right now. The build quality is superb, This car not only feels as solid as a rock, it OWNS the road. Handling is amazing I feel like I have superhuman reflexes with how responsive the steering is. I average about 26 MPG with 60 hwy/ 40 cty driving. Another plus with this car is that it requires fewer oil changes, the recommended is every 10,000 miles or 12 months. It does require full synthetic. I researched many other models and makes and you can't beat the level of quality and luxury that Volkswagen has to offer at this price level. I also got mine for 3k less than book, certified.

Love my VW
By Love my VW on 12/27/08 14:53 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I purchased my VW used in June of 2008 and have not had any problems. I have an hour long commute to work everyday and was looking for a vehicle that was inexpensive, reliable and good on gas. This car has met all of my needs. Other than bringing the car in for regular maintenance (oil changes, tire rotations, etc), I have not had to do anything else. Keep in mind that this car requires synthetic oil.

Problems since Day 1
By Problems since Day 1 on 12/23/08 14:37 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I bought my VW jetta 2.5 in September of 2006, it only had 85 miles on it from one dealership to mine. The second day driving I heard the brakes squeaking. So I told the dealership and they checked the breaks saying nothing was wrong. The noise continued and progressively became worse to the point where my brakes were grinding, so they replaced the brakes as a one time good will replacement. Since then the problem has continued and I've had my brakes replaced 4 times, the last time I had to pay 400 dollars later. My brakes still squeak and grind. The car is great except for the constant brake change and gas mileage which goes down once you go over 70 mph.