2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
German is not always quality
By Former Jetta Driver on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Value Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new and after 5 years put 60000 miles on it. Service intervals cost an arm and leg. Quality is terrible. Car was cupping tires, the electrical in left door failed, lights burn out randomly, paint peeling of interior buttons and radio. Speakers stopped working. Do not buy VW, this is not the same German car it used to be years back. It is the biggest piece of junk. The dealer always makes excuses when there is a problem and blames it on wear and tear or customer fault. This car was terrible. It only had 57000 when I traded it in to get rid the junk.

faulty headliners
By nandev on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

We own this vehicle..I would not buy another..one month out of warranty with 20,000 miles on it the headliner started pulling off. Went to dealer,they stated they would order a new one. well 8 weeks later and now they won't return our calls. Stopped by and we were told they couldn't see were one was ever ordered. They should have been up front and stated sorry can't do anything about it. Honda does courtesy warranties on stuff like this. No more VW for us. We are in our 50's and our cars are very well taken care of. This is unacceptable. They have a problem with their headliners falling down..

Problems....
By SC Meshell on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I am currently trying to sell my Jetta now that the transmission has gone out and will cost $3,000 to replace. In addition to the transmission my trunk never closes the first time around, I avoid using it just so that I don't have to attempt closing it 50 times before it clicks. The first day of a new job, the key would not fit in the ignition. I had to have a tow truck come down and the dealership said I might needed to replace the ignition. The interior radio and window buttons have bubbeled and peeled, and as of today five of my six CD's are stuck in the CD player. I am really disapointed and will most likely get a horrible return on what I thought was a great investment.

Love my Jetta
By Love my Jetta on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Purchased my Jetta used with approximately 25k miles. I currently have 81,000 miles and the car is still running strong. This car has a very solid feel to it and drives like a more expensive vehicle. I test drove other cars in this class (Civic, Corolla, etc) and the quality of those cars do not compare to that of the Jetta. I do not understand why other owners feel that the Jetta is not very reliable. With proper maintenance, my Jetta has not given me any problems. The cost of doing maintenance at the dealer is high. However, I was able to find a reliable VW/ Audi mechanic in the area who is able to do work for 1/2 the price. A lot less than it would be if I owned a Honda or a Toyota.

Problems with 2006 Jetta
By MikeL on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Bought this car brand new from the dealership and had no problems until the warranty period was expiring. Had several major parts replaced under warranty. Main seal leak in engine. Main wiring harness in drivers door caused major electrical problems. Headliner is falling down and interior buttons on radio are peeling.

looks nice but think twice
By dizzle on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

3 months after i bought the car the power steering went out and i almost got into an accident. The headliner started to fall down about 6 months later. Then the cd player quit working, they replaced it under warrenty. Also the paint started chipping on the door buttons and radio. The warrenty is over now and still falling apart. Most expensive piece of crap I ever bought. Now the drivers door stopped locking with the buttons. My last VW!!

New to VW
By Nalani on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I just bought my car this year and so far so good. We noticed the headliner coming off and the dealership fixed it under warranty. I do notice a knocking noise, sounds like it's coming from the trunk. I tease my son and tell him it's the other passenger trying to get out. Everytime I've had an issue the dealership has been the best. It handles great and fun to drive. My husband drove it to work one day and he loved it. I was just looking for something simple and got more then expected.

Ok Car would'nt buy another one
By BThompson on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Lots of electrical problems with my car. Drivers door lost power and couldnt get into the trunk and also couldnt get any Gas could not open gas door. need manual leaver for trunkand gas door had to crawl into trunck and pull part of the interior out to pop gas tank from intide the trunk, when there is no power.My AC blew at 27,000km had to replace the whole unit, read defrost quit working

Reverse problem
By Colleen Carney on 08/27/10 18:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I purchased this car today and everything was fine until I tried to get it in reverse. My daughter and I drive manual transmissions, and have never had any trouble until this one. I learned from our good friend Barry that you push down on the gear shift to get it in reverse! I was ready to take the car back to the dealer tomorrow!

nice car
By wisco06vw on 08/03/10 01:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Great car so far. Extremely fun to drive and my friends love it. Only problem I had was the power went out in my drivers door and had to replace the harness, but the warranty covered it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.