2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
A Lemon in a Cute Package
By Sabel on 09/20/05 01:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is my 32nd day with my new Jetta 2.5 and it`s been my worst experience in cars. Today, I was on my way to the car dealer, because I've been having trouble with the breakes. I didn't make it. Starting off from an intersection (still in first gear) at 20 MPH, suddenly I found myself without brakes and crossed a total of 40 feet with my brakes completely applied. I stopped thanks to a safety rail. After that, I went to the dealer and the manager wasn't surprised; because a week before the accident I told the manager about the breakes. He explaind that the symptoms were normal of the ABS and if I still concerned at the 5,000 miles checkup and I should comment about it.

Great so far
By Lore on 09/19/05 10:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Had the car for about a week now and no issues. I had a pebble stuck under the car and it made a weird noise for a few minutes, but now it's gone. The ride is smooth and excellent. I like the handling of the manual transmission. The interior is very nice and comfortable for passengers. The sound system is pretty good. Its got a whole lot of features you normally wouldn't get from a car at this price. Exterior window movement, heated side mirrors, diffuser climate control, rear vents, etc. Just a blast to drive, fun car but has a look of style.

I Love my Jetta GLI
By Jay Weingard on 09/15/05 23:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love my Jetta GLI. I was going to buy an Acura TSX but I could not bring myself to like it better than even my old '97 Jetta GLX. I test drove a 2.0T with DSG and it was great but having always driven a stick it just wasn't me. Once I test drove the GLI in the 6M I was in love. The ride is great, interior great, and so many thoughtful things like rear air, headlight washers, radio controls on steering wheel, built in air deflector on moonroof that actually works and extremely quiet for a sporty car. The electronically assisted steering makes 100 mph seem like 60. Turbo lag is not even noticeble. I test drive probably 12 different cars and for the money this was by far the greatest. Oh and it gets great gas mileage.

2005.5 Jetta
By saeverist on 09/12/05 21:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is a great car. Never thought a VW would be so fun to drive. It's faster than the earlier version and it has a ton more room in the back seat. The leather is much nicer as is the location of all of the controls. Can't think of a thing about this car that I can complain about and I have 3,000 miles on it.

Very competitive, sporty sedan
By Alan on 09/04/05 10:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Powerful, fuel-efficient engine. This feels like a 6-cylinder, with no turbo lag. Excellent handling and comfortable ride, even with the sport suspension. Comfortable leather seats with good visibility. The interior is roomy with high quality materials (like a entry-level luxury car) and is thoughtfully laid out. 10,000 mile interval between scheduled oil changes (after the first two at 5,000 miles). Initial quality issues include DRLs that were not activated, and a bracket that snapped off the rear cupholder.

2006 Jetta GLI 2.0 L/200hp/turbo
By The Jet on 08/30/05 22:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Just purchased an '06 Jetta, red with charcol interior. I looked at Toyota, Honda, Nissan. For driveability and price it was a tough decision. No barganing on the Honda Accord Hybrid, all quotes were $30,000. The Nissan Altima looked pretty good but the mileage was not impressive and the price a little higher for the same features. Toyota had nothing to interest me. Drove the Jetta, excellent road handling, good acceleration, comfortable, manual transmisson and clutch very smooth. Gets 26/34, uses premium though,for this engine (2.0L turbo/200hp). Overall impression; excellent fit and finish, good comfort features, sporty, firm ride but not stiff, very quiet interior, premium sound system.

The new 2006 Jetta
By tkellyd on 08/26/05 11:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

For starters, I managed to get the car for $22,250; I thought that is was a good price for what it is. I've got package one with XM. I'm just coming off of a 1995 Nissan Sentra with 205,000 miles, so this is a joy to drive. The handling is great, road noise is minimal, but not perfect. Sound system is great although I haven't hooked up the XM radio yet. I have not encountered any of the problems that I have read about concerning the 2005 models. The only problem that I do have is the mileage. In other cars that I have driven, the mileage was consistent regardless of the AC or heat being on. The Jetta's more sensitive to these mechanisms and can eat more gas than I am used to buying.

A step up from the old Jetta IV
By DiAntonio on 08/23/05 20:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Bought this 2006 Jetta as soon as I saw it on the lot. Traded in my 2000 GLS 2.0 Jetta for it. I'm very impressed by the improvements in this design. HP is up, ride quality is improved, and the interior is more spacious and better designed than my 2000 model. I purchased the 2006 2.5 model with package #2 with XM radio...nice features, along with the cold weather package (heated seats, and mirrors)...everything was well thought out in design, and nothing looks like an "afterthought". I wanted the Jetta over the B6 redesigned Passat as I'm not ready for a larger car than the Jetta, nor do I need one. I'm waiting for the aftermarket to catch up to put new wheels on it, but that's it. A+

Well built, and more for your money!
By Bowler801 on 08/22/05 14:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I was car shopping and I was looking at the Acura TSX and the Toyota Camry XLE V6. For the amount that I was going to pay for upgrades to the Camry and the TSX, the new Jetta comes standard with it. This car is simply incredible. It has everything that I was looking for and then some. I am glad I shopped around as much as I did. I would have missed out on a great buy and value.

GLI is Fabulous
By LoveMyGLI on 08/21/05 22:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

The main differences between this and the regular Jetta besides the obvious wonderful 2.0 engine (which by the way has longer maintenance intervals than the old 1.8T) are: 1) the steering is heavier, especially nice because it is not overboosted at lower speeds. 2) the suspension is firmer

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.