2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Don't Buy the Navigation System
By fherb on 10/27/05 21:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

My 2006 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5 is what I expected except for the navigation system. The navagation system is inferior to others on the market. As an $1800.00 option it doesn't offer much. It provides very little road detail (like road names). In most areas roads don't even appear on the screen. I have a GARMIN IQue 3600 (a $600.00 portable unit) that can run circles around the VW unit for reliability and accuracy. If your going to spend an additional $1800.00 on your new VW get $1200.00 worth of accessories and spend the other $600.00 on a GARMIN IQue 3600. VW did replace the system. The new one is no better than the old. Dealer says "that's as good as they get." Also, my car's engine is noisy when started. It sounds like it needs oil.

Nice Car, Poor Gas Mileage - Get the TDI
By Paul on 10/24/05 17:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Bought my new silver Jetta in July. Was really looking for a TDI but they didn't have any and I decided to settle on this one. It has the leather, 6 CD changer, XM radio, heated seats, and adjustable seats which is all very nice considering I live in Nebraska. I used to have a Passat. The styling and feel are very much the same and quite pleasing. The car feels high quality and as a manual it's fun to drive. My only complaint is the gas mileage. I've checked it now for two months and I'm consistantly getting 20 miles/gal, which is very disappointing for a small car. That's pure town driving. I've driven the TDI. If you want the mileage get a TDI. You won't sacrifice any perfomance.

Nice Car
By Ooo on 10/24/05 13:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Driving this car was not only fun but comfortable, you have to love that 2.0T engine, once it gets going you can really feel the turbo kick in! With 200hp I'm loving this car, my Dad has a 2006 Passat with the same 200hp 2.0T engine but his was way more expensive, only has a few more features. I never want to get out of the car when I'm driving it, since I bought it just a week ago I have yet to notice anything wrong with the car. There is no road noise and a smooth ride, especially on corners going 30 mph ;) the car stays just like you were going straight on a road! The bi-xenon headlights on pkg. #2 help in seeing the road ahead as well.

"Drivers Wanted"
By derek on 10/24/05 05:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The GLI is a well-rounded vehicle with great responsiveness in power from the turbo engine. I have owned 6-cyl. engines with less reaction to the gas pedal. Yet, the German performance suspension is athletic and smooth when called to do so. My vehicle has the 17" alloy wheels with Michelin Pilot touring tires which works in concert with the vehicle's performance and agility. The cabin is par with Audi and the exterior is sleek and attractive...just ask the 25 or so people who complemented the vehicle before I arrived home from the dealership. this car is a great value and fun to drive!

I love my Jetta
By barbara on 10/14/05 14:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I love my Jetta, it's comfortable with lumbar support. I like the simplicity of the style and it has good "get up and go". I have the Value Edition, therfore no fancy wheels. I bought aftermarket wheels and had problems getting the vibration out of the steering wheel. Thanks to an awesome tire dealer we found the Michelin tires where the answer with exact balancing. It took a whole month of back and forth to figure out what the problem was with tires wheels and my steering wheel shaking, but I am very happy now and would buy my Jetta all over again.

Pricey But Worth It
By New GLI Rocks! on 10/13/05 20:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I drove lots of cars (including the Jetta 2.5 and diesel) before finding the GLI. This car performs like no other car in its class that I drove, and I knew instantly it was the car for me. Its fit & finish is top notch and the interior is fantastic. The 2.0 liter turbo engine is smooth and sneaky fast. This is a fun car to drive and gets lots of admiring looks in the parking lot.

More fun than a barrel full of monkeys
By Steve on 10/07/05 21:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is the best car that I have ever owned. I had a Honda Accord before this, and I was a Honda guy. NO MORE. The handling and responsiveness of the Jetta compared to the Accord is unbelievable. This is by far the most fun car I have ever driven. It truly has to felt to believe, and even though the Accord was bigger, the Jetta is more comfortable for family of 5 (with two in car seats). From what I understand it is the safest small car on the road, and know that it has more safety features standard than the Accord. I have the Pkg. 1 and the sunroof is great. I love the interior and the XM Satellite radio, 6 CD changer, heated seats, and the 10 speaker sound system that come standard. This car has a ton of standard features.

Check first
By C. on 09/26/05 11:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

The speakers in my Volkswagen Jetta rattle. Be sure to ask your service department to fix this problem prior to picking your car up. They install a kit to fix the problem. Also, this car's cold-rtart (all new Jettas) sounds like an 18-wheeler on first start. VW of North America stated this is normal, until they can identify a solution to fix it. It sounds like a box of rocks rattling for 10 - 15 seconds.

Awesome!
By Jared on 09/25/05 09:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After having a GTI for a while, I decided I needed a bigger car. As fun as the GTI was, it was just getting too small. I looked at the Audi A3 & A4 and the Acura TSX... The 2006 Volkswagen Jetta GLI is like an Audi, for $3,000+ less and is equipped with many of the same features and parts as a comparably equipped A4. It even has the same engine. This car is great to drive, has a good pick-up and is extremely nice inside.

Well-Crafted GLI
By JF on 09/25/05 05:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I picked my 2006 Volkswagen Jetta GLI up 2 days ago. It is equipped with Package 2 and is Platinum with a gray leather interior. It looks very Audi-esque. I could not be more pleased with the dealer experience, they did not play any games. the GLI is a totally different driving experience from the standard Jetta, very tight, crisp and responsive. It is definately a driver's car. I agonized over choosing between this and an Audi A3. With my trade allowance and discounts, there was a $3,000 difference in price. After owning three Audis and four VWs without any major problems and always receiving great customer care, I will remain a loyal customer. The intangible feel of a German designed car cannot be matched. If you are shopping in the $25,000 price range, this is a very worthy contender. In my humble opinion, this is probably the best VW built yet.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.