Used 2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews - 277 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

The Best Jetta Ever
By H.Pfadt

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is my third Jetta in six years. Volkswagen has taken the previous model and improved it beyond my wildest expectations.The improvements in features alone are too numerous to mention.Fit and finish ranks up there with the best, any European Car maker has to offer.It is a quality Automobile.Drove my other two Jettas 140K each and passed them on in the family. They are still running great. Volkswagen , " Keep up the good work". You are gaining customers for life.

New Seat Controls and comfort.Mini spot lights for shifter.Heat and A/C controls.Trunk layout with Gorilla mat and organizer blocks.New instrument panel layout.Lane change feature.New parking wipers.Look of door panels,new dash and trim inlay.Smoothness of 5 cyl. Engine.

I would lke to see about a 10% inprovement in fuel economy. Considering the power of the 5 cyl. It is not bad ( High 20's)

Great Car
By chichitao

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I got this car for my wife because it got such good crash test ratings and because of the airbags, gas mileage, and overall quality. We have not been disappointed. It drives great (we came from an Xterra which rides like a tin can on wheels), it has more than enough power for a little car, and it is fun to drive. That is really all you can ask. There is enough room inside for us and plenty of room for back seat passengers. The trunk room is outstanding!

I like this car's little things like the blue dash lights, the red overhead lights that light up the inside, the blinker (you tap it once to go left or right and it automatically blinks times in that direction), and glare diminishing rear view mirror (no more bright lights at night!)

My only problem have is with the "accuator", which is the release mechanism for the fuel door. It gets stuck in the open position (this has happened twice in eight months) and we are not able to close to the fuel door. This is not a major problem, but they have had to replace it twice and it is getting annoying!

Fun to Drive a Atick Again
By Don

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

The New Jetta is fun to drive. It handles best at highway speeds. Its handling is very stable. It feels good going fast. The Electronic Stability System saved me from losing control once when I was cut off by another driver changing lanes. I wish people would get out of the fast lane so I could have a ticket to fly.

I like just about everything about the car, especially the XM radio which is great on long trips.

Not a problem for me because I'm the only one that drives my Jetta, but when changing the preset driver seat positions, the mirrors should move to preset positions also. The pull down hook inside the trunk is great for hanging plastic grocery bags, but it could use another on the right side.

Nice Car
By Allen Pearl

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Just cannot think of anything bad to say. The car is perfect and what I expected it to be. I have the XM radio and love it.

I like the whole car, it is peppy, fuel efficent, roomy, and handles very nicely.

Leave it alone.

A Great Vehicle To Own
By smiths

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

We love taking our Jetta on trips. I'm so excited at the distance we can go without having to stop for gas. The only quirk I have is the passenger seat is not as comfortable as I would like it to be. Overall though, I love the vehicle and the ride and the safety is great for a someone with children.

Airbags, airbags, and more airbags what else can I say!

The cloth interior is so hard to clean.