2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Comparable to Pre-2006 Passat
By rufustopheles on 11/29/05 23:21 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I bought a 2006 Jetta Value Edition 5M to replace a 1999 Passat 1.8T. So far, I think the Jetta is comparable to Pre-2006 Passats based on size, handling, safety and mileage. The fit and finish differ between the two models but I have to say the Jetta's interior is very nice. It has lots of storage space, no rattles, and no wind noise. I was concerned about the loss of Fahrvergnugen going from a Passat to a Jetta but I'm happy with the 5-cyl. engine. It has roughly the same horsepower as the Passat -- and it handles great, classic VW ride. The Jetta is also quieter and more comfortable than I thought it would be (I just did a 3 hour road trip). The stereo is good quality too. I love the Value Edition! It is very nice, I have no regrets.

2006 Volkswagen Jetta GLI Stick
By Bernard Gibbes on 11/27/05 11:08 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded in a 2003 Audi A4 quattro with sports / premium / stick for this Jetta GLI. Amazingly, I don't miss my A4 at all. It's only been a week and it's like a distant memory. The new GLI is a huge improvement over the previous model (just like all mark V Jettas). The engine is outstanding - this car's ability to accelerate is extremely impressive, particularly with the manual box. This is the best short-shifter I have used on a vehicle under $40,000. The clutch is smooth and light and the steering wheel is best in the world (under $100,000 at least). I love the sport cloth seats. They are not cold in the winter or sticky in the summer). VW used a high quality fabric, which is very durable. this car has a great MP3 stereo head unit and bi-xenons headlights, too.

Love My Jetta
By Erik on 11/24/05 00:21 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought my A5, so I am told it is called, Jetta in March. I traded my Jetta VR6 for it and am surprised at the changes. I love them dual climate control and the satelite radio. The size increase is very nice as well. Overall my satisfation with this car is good, but I have had one quirk that the dealer or Volkswagen of America have not been able to fix. While on the satelite side of the radio I get feedback like acceleration thru my speakers. This car provides a lot of features for the money.

You Gotta Get it
By David on 11/22/05 11:52 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I am 16 years old, and I love this car. Both of my parents drive high end German vehivles and in my opinion this beats both of them. I suggest this car to any one, the Value Edition really is a value, it's a lot of car for the price. It comes much better equipped than the Golf but for practically for the same price. I love it and it's fast.

Love my GLI
By Mike on 11/15/05 11:52 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is a great car. A little pricey maybe, but you get what you pay for. VW is now competing with the Acura TSX and Volvo S40.

The BEST Car Ever
By Jess on 11/13/05 17:42 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Every day I spend with my 2006 Volkswagen Jetta GLI, the more I love it! It is an absolutely awesome vehicle any way I look at it. Not only is it amazingly safe (the first car ever to get a 100 in the side impact crash test, and the first car ever to receive a good rating in every single category), it's also very economical, fun, luxurious and sporty. I can't think of anything that VW left out that you could want in a car. You get so much for your money...beautiful interior (both leather and cloth are unique), spunky rims, 6 disc CD changer, a superior engine, power everything, steering wheel controls, and all this comes standard! The new huge and automatic trunk is also very convenient.

Totally Suprised!
By Josh on 11/07/05 14:25 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded in my Nissan 350Z for a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta GLI. It's coming closer to winter now, and I didn't feel like driving the Z in the snow again. I got a great deal on my trade, new car, financing, and a great dealership. I thought that I would be content with the GLI vs. the Z, but boy was I suprised. I actually have MORE fun driving the GLI than the Z. It's smoother, more comfortable, better handling, and gets way better gas mileage. All of that with a trunk and back seats too!

Get the GLI
By annie macpherson on 11/02/05 21:46 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought the new 2006 Volkswagen Jetta GLI last month with the 2.0T engine, the same one that is in the Audi A4 without the Audi price. This is my first VW, I have heard great things about the Jettas but I like a lot of horsepower (200 I have now). The gas milage is great. I love the paddle shifters. I am so glad that the resedigned Jetta has more room for people in the back. The GLI is a top-of-the-line car, with leather sport seats all for under $30,000 including all the taxes and fees.

great car
By keith on 10/31/05 16:26 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have had my 2006 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5 for five months and have put about 10,000 miles on it. I have had absolutely no problems. I am getting about 32 mpg on the highway. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Excellent Daily Driver
By Joshua on 10/28/05 15:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

My 2006 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5 is a great daily driver. It has lots of features like the satellite radio, navigation, etc. The leather is improved bigtime as well as interior design, with a quality you only see in higher priced luxury cars. The handling has improved 110% from the previous model. The only quark is to see more of the traditional "German" design to come back. Other than that its a great car!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.