Used 2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Highly Recommended!
By Scott

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I've had my '06 Jetta Value Edition for just under a year so far. It has been a wonderful car. Its two visits to the shop have been only for oil changes. The car performs like nothing else in its class. It gets pretty good gas mileage. It's even smoother out on the highway than the Volvo that I traded in for it. I will definitely get another VW when this lease is up! You really can't go wrong with this car! VW really did it right this time.

Favorite Features

With this vehicle, there has been so much attention to the little things. Plain and simple, it's just a well-built car with more standard features than anything. Even the base model is nicer than most competitor's higher-end models.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the rubber-coated door handles! The engineer that came up with this should be beaten. They've not held up on previous models and my ten-month old Jetta already has a flaw developing in the handles on it.

"The best ride period."
By ANGEL POMALES

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Outstanding is a short word for this magnificient car." Three thumbs up", Volkswagen did it again. The ride, the looks everybody in my family loves it, my neighbors etc.

Favorite Features

Leather interiors with the best quality you can find. Also all the controls are within within reach.

Suggested Improvements

none

Livermore Jetta
By Joe Barton

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Despite VW's reputation for being unreliable, I am happy to report NO incidents of unreliability in my '06 Jetta during the first 30000 miles.

Favorite Features

Massive leg room. Very comfortable for someone who spends much of their day behind the wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Car hesitates when trying to accelerate after hard breaking. Can be very annoying AND dangerous.

Great Car!
By Jetta 06

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is the first German car I've owned. I've always driven Hondas, Toyotas and an occassional domestic. Even though I bought the base model, it feels much more expensive and solid than anything I drove from Japan. I'm very impressed with the build quality and materials as well as the amount of features that are standard. Not to mention the safety factor. Also, it rides like a little Audi or BMW. I definitely feel like I got my money's worth from the Jetta!

Favorite Features

Build quality, feature content, and how fun it is to drive.

Suggested Improvements

VW needs to lose the overly-chromed front end on all the new models. It's the ONLY thing I don't like about the car.

Great Car, but Wish I got the Turbo Model
By Chris

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I purchased my Jetta 2.5 in May, and have been pleased so far. Now, with 6,500 miles on it, the gas mileage is up to 28 mpg on the highway at 75-80 mph. The interior is great quality, but I'm a little worried about the lack of heated seats for the winter. Overall, it's a very well-built, solid car. The engine has great torque, but isn't as quick to rev as I'd like. Also, the 5-speed shifter isn't quite sporty enough. If I had it to do over, I'd cough up the extra dough for the Jetta 2.0 turbo with the 6-speed transmission.

Favorite Features

The great build quality and great torque.

Suggested Improvements

Give it a smoother engine and shifter in the base model.