2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Love It!
By Kellie on 12/29/05 04:00 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I just recently bought my Jetta. I knew I wanted it when I first laid eyes on it. I test drove it on a Monday and I went and purchased it on Wednesday. It seems better than my Toyota Corolla ('03). It is also no comparison between the two cars apperance, exceptfor the the back lights which the Jetta's are much better. Also, the Jetta seems a lot bigger. I love it. I commute to work almost 45 minutes each way. I can't wait to leave to drive back and forth. I also got Package 2. It is just as luxurious as I'll get until my dream purchase, which is a 545 BMW. I call it my VMW (HA!). I love it and recommend it to all new car buyers. this car is very affordable and the maintainence seems a lot more conveinent and affordable.

Very Happy Owner
By J. Avedikian on 12/29/05 00:09 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I was very suprised at how powerful the 2006 Volkswagen Jetta GLI's engine is a low rpms. I also have a 225 Audi TT and this sedan out performs it. The DSG transmission is amazing with lighting fast shits that no one in a manual could match. I am still not crazy about the tail lights, but everything else outweighs them. I'm sure an aftermarket option will be available. I looked at the Audi A3 and felt the Jetta GLI was a better value since almost everything that was an add on in the A3 was standard or in Pacakage 2 of the Jetta. I've owned two other Jettas and two GTI's and this GLI has everything I've ever wanted in a VW.

DSG is for me
By 421ho on 12/11/05 14:29 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought the 2006 Volkswagen Jetta GLI primarily because of the DSG transmission. This is our second car and my wife really does not want to deal with a manual trans. On the surface the DSG was a good compromise. However in reality there is no compromise. It is faster than a manual, gets better gas mileage and just as much fun (assuming your left leg doesn't mind acting as a support rather than operating the clutch). This transmission is what every transmission should be...a wonderful automatic with full and instantaneous control. The engine is wonderful too. The combination is fantasic. I bought the GLI because you could not get this combo from Audi in a sedan. The rest of the car is excellent as well.

Dissappointment
By johnson on 12/11/05 12:04 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This car has been a disappointment from the day of purchase when the dealer left the oil cap off. It has been to the dealership three times due to a terrible vibration through the steering wheel when traveling slowly. They say it is within reasonable limits of the car. It is trash, and I can't wait to trade it in on the new Toyota RAV4 when it is released!

Nice Car
By Will on 12/10/05 06:26 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I recently traded in my Volkswagen R32 for the brand new Jetta GLI in Nov mainly because of the fuel economy. I would say the GLI is worth every dime you pay for it. My brother owns an Audi A3. It is exactly like driving the A3 when you drive the GLI. Although I enjoy driving the R32 better than the GLI, I would highly recommand people get the 2006 GLI. It has great handling, acceleration, interior, seats and so forth.

A Must Have
By Lare Mitchum on 12/09/05 13:11 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have often kept the VW name in the back of my mind over the last few years leading up to my purchase, my only concern in buying was that the Jetta's I had driven (friend's cars) seem to have poor power and marginal interior comfort. Since these cars are mostly built in Mexico and South America, I was also concerned at the initial quality of the VW. I spent one month looking for used SUV's in the $15,000 range and never really considered buying a new car. I had stopped at a VW dealership looking for a slightly used SUV or sedan, but I couldn't keep my eyes from wondering over to the 2006 Jetta. I kept thinking "boy I wish I could afford one of those." To my complete suprise the cost was only $17,984.

Puts FUN back into driving
By WWW on 12/06/05 21:15 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I've had my Jetta for two weeks now. After extensive research it was either the Jetta or Honda Accord. The Jetta won out and I'm glad it did. This car is tight. Mine has no rattles or abnormal engine noises as another owner has mentioned. This car sticks to the road like none I personally have driven, except a Corvette. The black paint is 30% smoother than Honda's. Everything is in the proper place and all knobs and buttons function logically as you would expect. The fit and finish is first class. The engine is JUST RIGHT for this car. It has plenty of zip. The Jetta is so smooth on the highway that you find yourself easily doing 75 in a 55 zone and not realizing it. Overall, this is a very, very impressive and FUN TO DRIVE car!

The new Jetta is awesome
By Taylor on 12/05/05 17:25 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

My Jetta is actually the 2005, but the '06 style, so it came with all the cool features like the auto wipers. This car gets awesome mileage and handles like a real German car should. I have always been an American car guy, but this car is incredible and the price is great for the car you get.

This car is HOT
By Rebecca on 12/05/05 12:15 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The 2006 Volkswagen Jetta GLI does a great job of mixing a "responsible" 4-door sedan with a fast, sporty car. This is my second VW Jetta, the last being a 2002 1.8T. The redesign on the Jetta was superb, although the 2.5 I test drove didn't have enough pickup for me. The GLI did the trick, and then some. This car is FAST, and I love to drive it! I love that it is a 6-speed, too--not that I ever have much occassion to get there. But it is a heck of a lot of fun! VW makes a quality car and I'm a customer for life.

Made for the road
By Tom on 11/30/05 22:07 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My 2006 Volkswagen Jetta GLI is a hoot to drive. My brother's a VW nut going back 20 years. I told him we'd never buy one because of the quality problems...but obviously we did. Anyway, he comes down from New Jersey to visit late one Saturday night, wakes up early, can't wait for me so he takes the car out, turns right out of our street onto a country road where's there's an immediate small rise blocking any long term view. The rise can't be more than 300 yards away. In 3rd when he reachs rise, sees cop dead ahead, looks down shocked to find out he's already doing 90, hits the brakes, but not fast enough, cop pulls him over, turns out he's a VW nut, too, and lets him off. That's the problem - this car can't resist speed.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.