Used 2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews - 277 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Awsome Fun!
By T

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

The Jetta GLI is a fantastic daily driver with excellent pick up, handling, and fuel economy. I have been getting 29 mpg in spirited city and highway driving. I can get upwards of 33 mpg strictly highway at speeds of 75-85 mph.

I love the interior is class without the bling. Sirius radio is great. This car has excellent fit and finish.

The exterior styling is bland, but that makes the car a sleeper.

Quiet, Quick, and Refined
By Patriek G.

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have put 6,000 miles on my Jetta and have had no problems. I get many compliments on it. It has great handling and performance, as expected. Its fuel usage is average. It has good head room. It is pleasing and comfortable on long trips. The price with packages 1 and 2 was $26,200.

The 2.0T engine, DSG transmission, moonroof, XM radio, large trunk, well designed, quality interior, exterior looks, and power seat.

Provide a power seat for passengers as they're comfort is important as well. Make the center console storage larger and more useful.

Little Red Racer
By ccrider

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I traded in a Dodge Dakota for my Jetta and haven't had a single regret. I was a little worried about not being able to sit up high anymore, but that fear went away quickly. It felt like I was driving a race car - it is so much fun! The ride is smooth and the car responds to everything with ease. The controls are all within reach and when you drive at night, there's an awesome contrast between the red and blue intererior dash lights. It's fun to see the looks you get while driving around in this car. The XM radio is a nice plus as well.

The sunroof, interior gas tank release, XM radio, and my personal favorite (as nerdy as it is) the grocery bag hanger in the trunk. It's awesome.

Some kind of coin organizer would be nice, as well as more console storage. Also, an option to turn off the daytime running lights would be great.

Continues to WOW
By Jwo

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I still am in love with my Jetta. I a bought it exactly a year ago and every day it continues to impress me and others. The more I drive the car the better the gas mileage gets. I currently average about 28 mpg in mixed driving. While those figures are not the best in class it is still really good. Highway driving I have gotten upwards of 34 mpg. The 5-speed manual transmission is still as smooth as the day I bought it and the clutch is as light as a feather (no joke). The power is not overwhelming but is not underwhelming, the torque, especially midrange is what truely is impressive. My friends continue to be wowed at the feature content of the car for the low base price. Keep it up VW!

The high quality interior that doesn't reflect relatively low price point. Trunk space galore! The roomy interior that is comfortable on trips with four passengers. The silky smooth transmission and clutch. The agressive front fascia. The relatively good gas mileage with a torquey engine and so so horsepower.

The rear end of the car is the worst flaw. 1) it looks TOO much like Toyota Corolla 2) it end sits up a little high, giving the car an awkward look. Please change the rear end styling to make this near perfect car even closer to perfection. Also, the rear cupholders are not availible of in Value Edition. Give it better hubcaps.

Highly Recommended!
By Scott

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I've had my '06 Jetta Value Edition for just under a year so far. It has been a wonderful car. Its two visits to the shop have been only for oil changes. The car performs like nothing else in its class. It gets pretty good gas mileage. It's even smoother out on the highway than the Volvo that I traded in for it. I will definitely get another VW when this lease is up! You really can't go wrong with this car! VW really did it right this time.

With this vehicle, there has been so much attention to the little things. Plain and simple, it's just a well-built car with more standard features than anything. Even the base model is nicer than most competitor's higher-end models.

Get rid of the rubber-coated door handles! The engineer that came up with this should be beaten. They've not held up on previous models and my ten-month old Jetta already has a flaw developing in the handles on it.