2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Great Gas Mileage
By Bart on 10/09/05 09:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

No doubt the 2006 Volkswagen TDI will get over 40 miles per gallon on the highway even at speeds over 75. We have noticed that in town driving you have to be careful. It's so fun to drive you want to push the turbo. The worst mileage we had was 31 in the city but average just city no highway we get 35. I'm tall and this Jetta is so much more comfortable than our 1998 Jetta. If you buy a 2006 model make sure you opt for the rubber mats. We went to Florida and having those were important the the truck has a mat also.

Great Mileage
By powerstroke444e on 10/03/05 11:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

The Volkswagen Jetta TDI is a great car. I run B10 in this one with no problems. I get 40+ mpg in town in sport mode and I never take my foot off of the pedal. I have nad no problems with this car other than it seems to like to go over 90 mph all the time ;).

2006 Jetta TDI 5 speed Manual
By Bob Jetta on 09/26/05 22:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

The is car is great for commuting. It gets 40 to 50 mpg depending on how you drive it. It has excellent air conditioning. I am 6' 2" and the driver seat adjusts very low and goes very far back so I can easily look out of the windshield without ducking. If you are tall, you now what I mean. It has an excellent turning radius, great torque on hills, and fast acceleration. I am very happy with the stereo system, package #2 with heated seats and leather etc... The stereo is not quite as nice as the Bose in my wife's Nissan Maxima but it is good quality and plays MP3s with a 6 disc CD changer. I have no complaints since I got what I wanted, a comfortable 4 door sedan with a stick that has good set of options and will get 50 mpg. I drove 200 miles home from dealer getting 47.7 mpg.

Great Car...So Far
By bob on 09/26/05 10:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I have had my 2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI for three weeks now and am getting a true 43 mpg on the road. Its fit and finish are phenomenal. It seems to be a very well built car. I have no complaints yet.

2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
By Haklitch on 09/07/05 20:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

This car has great handling and gets excellent mileage, averaging 44 miles per gallon. I have only 1,000 miles on mine so it's not even broken in yet. I expect to average 47 mpg city and 50 highway.

Third VW, this time TDI!
By Thewinechik on 09/07/05 17:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

This is my third Volkswagen. My first a 1971 Super Bettle, my second a 1997 Jetta that I drove for 147K and 10 days ago a North See Green 2006 Jetta TDI. I am impressed and happy with all the changes, large and small that this vehicle has undergone. Impressive. It is spacier that my old one, it rides like a jewel and you must watch yourself from not speeding since it feels like you are going slow but you are flying. My stick shift TDI is giving me great mileage too and diesel is cheaper than gas. I could not be happier. The car is eye catcher, in fact wherever I go people want to see it, they peek in or they ask about it. GO the test drive it. I love it, only neg: keeping it clean.

Why isn't it included in more reviews?
By Martie on 08/28/05 17:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

My Jetta-TDI is just the best thing I've bought in a long time. It runs smooth, quiet and gets 41+ mpg. Yet, I seldom read about it in the evaluations of valuable cars. They are missing the mark.

2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
By brady on 08/25/05 03:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I picked my Volkswagen Jetta TDI up today. I drove the 175 miles home from dealer at 70 mph and averaged 51.7 mpg. The navigation system worked flawlesly. It is very user friendly. Disappointments, no DRL's, no wood, no homelink, no auto headlites - not that you can't live without the above its just that they were available on the '05 Jetta TDI with Pkg. 2. Electric steering allows a good feel for the road and robs nothing from the engine. Road noise is not obtrusive and the car feels typically German! You can't beat the fit, the finish, the economy and the fun.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.