Used 2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Best Damn Volkswagen Period
By jbmill33

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I never thought I'd fall in love with a car, but the '06 VW Jetta TDI we've purchased come very close to a love affair. It takes corners on rain-slickened Oregon roads masterfully. The MPG has exceeded what was printed on the sticker, I get nearly 50 mpg!

The turbo diesel engine, sunroof, and interior layout.

Add more chrome.

2006 Jetta TDI w/DGS
By Steve

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

This car is solid and fun to drive. It puts a smile on my face every time I puchas fuel (B5).

I like how this car is very confortable for the driver and pasengers. It provides the best combination of safety, fuel milage, comfort, and price.

Equip a rear view mirror with direction, temp, and an auto diming feature.

VW TDI 44 mpg's
By Big Al in Maryland

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I spend a lot of time driving people around and as much as I love my Beemer the gas mileage was killing me. In in effort to find something better at the pumps I starting researching hybrids, then diesels. It struck me that when I found out the in Europe around 40-50% of the cars sold are diesel that they were on to something. They are, a far superior fuel economy. I average around 44 mpg's. Hybrids get great milage too, only replacing the batteries after 100,000 miles seemed costly compared to diesels longevity. Diesels also have more future fuel options, such as Bio-diesel (google Willie Nelson and bio diesel) I'm completely happy with my VW and the 2006 model is very very nice.

The comfy interior, less visits to the pumps, great stereo, 17" wheels (option), safety features galore, nice exterior, and how it's just the right size for five people. You can not go wrong with this car!

Just buy one!

A Winner!
By Jay

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

With around 2,000 miles on our three-week old Jetta 5-speed TDI with Package Two we're getting, since day one, 48 mpg. Compared to the '78 diesel Rabbit and '81 diesel Jetta we owned years ago the new Jetta is so much more refined, comfortable, quiet and near-luxury with no penalty in gas mileage. It's powerful and I can pass on two lane roads with no drama. I have had zero issues and the dealer prep was perfect and complete. There's "value-added" in this car i.e. touch the passing signal and it blinks three times without having to hold the stalk. The center armrest adjusts for height and length. Little things that add up for a satisfying experience. I broke it in as per the Fred TDI website instructions, by the way.

The engine!

Lose the satellite radio and add a mini jack input for my iPod. XM and Sirius are low-fi MP3 quality and are not suitable for listening to classical orchestral or acoustic jazz music!

2006 Jetta TDI
By nancy l

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

The Jetta TDI handles very well. I like the ease in steering and the cornering ability. The trunk capacity was a factor in my purchase decision. The quality of materials and construction is most impressive. Also, we are pleased with the safety features such as the airbags.

The stereo system is very nice and the seats are comfortable with lots of adjustment capability.