2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel Consumer Reviews 23

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Reviews

2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Best Family Car on the Market
By Kevin O'Neill on 11/09/05 21:49 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

The VW Jetta has it all when picking a family vehicle. From style to value, this car has it all. Looking for high mpg? The Jetta beats the Toyota Prius in real world conditions. Is a well tailored and executed interior high on your list? The Jetta has you covered with the expert's pick as the best interior in the business. The driving experience, especially with the Audi sourced DSG six speed automatic transmission, is terrific. The low end torque of the TDI driveline will make gas powered cars seem lackluster. Looking for build quality? The Jetta has it, from narrow body panel gaps to the best paint job on the market today. Give credit to VW's new state of the art production facility. Great job VW!

2006 VW Jetta TDI hits the Sweet Spot
By bcpjetta06tdi on 11/09/05 14:44 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I have had my 2006 VW Jetta TDI for about three weeks now and absolutely love it. My dealer was very knowledgeable, but the VW standard for service is clearly not as high as that of other dealers. For example, my car arrived with only one working key, and it was a valet key. I had to wait a week for new keys, and the dealer kept my car for three days to program the keys when they arrived. But I had a loaner just like my car so I did not care. If you want a VW, you have to be willing to accept a lower standard of service. It comes with the territory. However, the car itself is outstanding. It's too soon to know about its reliability, but in all other regards, it is an absolute beauty.

What a Great Automobile!
By Steve on 11/09/05 13:08 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

Having had two Audi's with little luck, I purchased my 2006 Jetta TDI with a bit of hesitation. However I loved the new design and the diesel mileage. I have had the Jetta for two months now and am thoroughly impressed with it in all respects - ride, leg room, fuel economy [43-54mpg], color [exterior- seafoam; interior-beige leather]. It has the amenities of the Audis without the issues. The ride is great, it has lots of safety features, a plush interior and the design is perfect. I'd looked at 'standard' cars - Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Suburu - both hybrids and gasoline for a couple of months but could not 'settle' for any of them. When I saw the new Jetta I knew immediately that was the car. Try it!

Two month review
By Schiafone on 10/23/05 07:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

After a 1,000 mile break-in period in town, we took our Jetta on a 2,000 mile round trip from Florida to the high elevations of North Carolina. We were very impressed with the guts of this diesel engine on very steep terrain. It had no problems passing uphill! The biggest complaint we have are the front seats. They are very uncomfortable! One of the best features are the back seats that fold forward allowing for plenty of luggage and our 100 pound black labrador. We would, however, like the seats to fold flat. The cruise control is somewhat confusing as it is right next to the directional signal control. So far our average fuel economy has been 36 city and 42 highway. Overall we are very pleased.

VW Jetta TDI
By mitchc on 10/20/05 00:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

My 2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI is an excellent car. It has a very similar in "feel" and quality of materials to my previous BMW 325i. It has a little less power than a Bimmer, but gets fantastic mileage. It is really a joy to commute in. I am very impressed with the overall fit and finish of the materials.

The New Jetta TDI
By Bnegaard on 10/19/05 18:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I have to say that I probably drove 20 cars and looked up another 30 or more. I set the criteria of 30+mpg city and 40+mpg highway as the baseline and then started looking at what was out there. I spent a good deal of time looking at the Honda Civic Hybrid and the Ford Escape Hybrid. I went to several Honda Hybrid (and Hybrid) websites and what you find are arguments about "HOW" to drive the car to get mileage and "HOW" you are not driving the car correctly when you get less (sometimes low 30's) than advertised. Then I went and looked at some TDI websites. No arguments, just mileage. That's what I want no nonsense just great mileage inside and outside the city.

2006 Jetta TDI
By Stephanie on 10/17/05 10:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I've owned my Jetta TDI now for two months and love it! I'm getting outstanding mileage, 42-46+ mpg, over 600 miles per tank, and the engine still is not 'broken in' yet. I'm 6' tall and this car has plenty of head and leg room for me. It runs smoothly and quietly, is very easy to drive, has a nice tight turning radius, and very quick acceleration when you step on it. The color is the new 2006 green, which is very sharp looking against the chrome. The trunk is enormous, and the fold down seats are wonderful for cargo - maybe too big. I very much like the standard airbags in the front and back. The back seats are a little tight for leg room if the driver has the seat back though.

Love the car!
By Aaron on 10/14/05 17:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I absolutely love the car. It gets great gas mileage (I haven't topped 40 yet but I do a lot of city driving) and has a ton of power.

Passing up gas stations!
By KellerJetta on 10/14/05 16:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I just picked up my Jetta TDI 3 weeks ago after lurking for years on the TDI forum. It's very quiet inside while cruising and is quicker than it feels. I am constantly finding myself trying to slow down because I'm going too fast! The DSG tranny is a dream and gets almost the same mileage as the 5 speed stick. The car is very roomy inside and the trunk is huge! With the rear seats folded, I was able to fit 5 very large trophies that are over 4 feet tall.

Great new car!
By Mike Jimenez on 10/14/05 10:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I bought this car to save money on gas. I was in an Infiniti G35 Coupe. It is a blast to drive - horrible to fill up. This Jetta is a wonderful new car that'll save me around $150/month in fuel costs!