Used 2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Great So Far
By Kenner

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

We bought our diesel Jetta in August and so far we just love it. It is surprisingly quick and also gets great gas millage. We have been getting an average of 850 KM to the tank, or a little over 500 miles. We have been told that once this car broken in it will get even better. I can't wait.

We like how this car has lots of standard features, from seat heaters to a great stereo. We got the luxury package with sunroof and all just love it.

Great Car, Let's See How It Holds Up
By jettafan

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

Well the last time I purchased a Jetta was in '96. A decade later I'm back. I love the design and the comfort of the vehicle. Let's just see if this round they can hold on longer then 100,000 miles.

The good fuel economy.

Improve the suspension and transmission. Make the Jetta more of a sports car, at least the ones with a turbo.

Great Car
By geojadams

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Don't listen to the editors' ratings, whoever they are. I have owned Jaguars, Mercedes, and a Dodge Ram P/U and this is the coolest car that I have owned.

Change location of the high beam indicator and eliminate the dam auto lock at 12 mph.

Love My Jetta
By Sherry

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I Love my Jetta. I bought the TDI Automatic. It is very sporty and peppy. I got almost all of the options you can get on it and love everyone of them. If I had to do it all over again, I would not change a thing. In the first 5,000 miles I have had some problems. I am somewhat disappointed in the quality of the materials used in the vehicle.

The navigation system and satellite radio.

Use better quality materials. The material used in the leather seats is very low quality. The outside of the car's materials are low quality as well.

Why Buy a Hybrid, When...
By j

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

VW has the answer already. It's the TDI diesel. Man, this engine is great. It is low on power in the specs, but it feels much better with the torque from the turbo diesel. Its fuel mileage is incredible. The EPA estimates are way off. I can get in the 50's on highway driving, and in city stop and go I am getting at 38-42 mpg on avg. tThis is the best car for the money out there hands down. Since BMW won't bring over their diesel version to the USA. Until then it's VW.

It has lots of room, a huge trunk. it is solidly built, it has safety features galore, it has good windshield wipers - not those cheapy ones that Honda and Toyota use, and it has a nice dash setup and good night time lighting on the displays. I love the TDI engine, of course.

It needs a 6-speed manual transmission option. Also I'd like to see the bigger and more powerful 2.0 TDI engine option for the Jetta in the USA. The stereo is not great, actually is the weakest link in the car, imo. Other than those it's a good all around car.