2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Another reason that Detroit is in trouble
By Joseph D on 03/03/06 10:53 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I have wanted to combat the high cost of gasoline for a long time. I have found my weapon to be a stylish, sophisticated economy (or is this a mid-size, the rental car companies have me confused on what's what!) car with luxury touches: the Jetta TDI. The interior is surpisingly smart and "rich". The heated leather seats have the look and feel of a high end car in a different price range. Some other manufacturers charge $500 - $1,000 for satellite radio, it was included in the cost when you purchase package 1 or 2.

Excellent all the Way Around
By WagsVW on 02/21/06 16:10 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

My 2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI is a high quality car. The diesel is great. Don't let the horsepower fool you. It has tons of low-end torque. Its steering is tight and it corners great. Plus it has tons of VW goodies.

Great Car for the Money
By NoEffort4u on 02/19/06 10:41 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Since buying my Jetta TDI, I have had nothing but fun with it. My gas mileage has been anywhere from 42 - 48 on every single tank full. I love the sunroof and the heated seats. I was amazed at how low my insurance was also. So far, the only thing I have found that I do not care for, is the way the armrest covers up the second cup holder in the console. If you have two poeple in the front seat, it is a fight getting the second drink out from under the arm rest, unless you push it all the way back again. this car has enormous trunk space and lots of power plugs for anything you would want to plug in. Overall, the Jetta has been just super.

Love It
By Gr8danz on 02/17/06 19:26 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I have absolutely loved my experience with my Volkswagen Jetta TDI so far. It is fun to drive and handles very well. The fuel economy is wonderful. I do not have the engine broken in yet and I am already getting around 600+ miles to a tank. We are looking into getting a second one right now.

Fun Car to Drive
By bk on 02/13/06 18:20 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

My Jetta TDI was purchased to replace my full size 4X4 diesel truck. When fuel prices went up, I had to make a choice. I really miss having a truck, but now I have a sports car with gas mileage at or close to 45 MPG in the city. The VW Jetta is a very comfortable and sporty car. Now I wouldn't trade it for anything.

The Best
By James Wald on 02/01/06 12:02 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

The 2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI is a really fun car to drive. It gets great mileage and it doesn't look like the hideous Honda Insight or Toyota Prius. I can't describe how much I love my Jetta.

Absolute Blast
By Fr Stephen on 01/31/06 21:53 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I bought my Jetta TDI fully loaded in every way, but with the standard manual transmission. I regularly get 37-38 MPG around town, and upwards of 53 MPG on trips. But this car is so much more than mileage records. It is quiet, smooth and comfortable. It regularly cruises in the 80-90 MPH range effortlessly, smoothly and quietly. My favourite trick is to sit the cruise on 80, and ask my passenger how he likes the diesel engine. I always get a whiplashed passenger; they simply can't believe it. From the 'bun warmers' to the satellite radio and absolutely comfortable seats, this car is a joy to drive. Some of my parishioners couldn't believe I would drive all the way from VA to NYC; no hardship!

The Closest Thing to a BMW that I'll Have...
By Reluctant VW Fan on 01/27/06 18:11 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I bought a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI on a whim when I took my 2003 Passat in for regular maintenance. So far, I'm excited to be getting 45 mpg after 2,000 miles, and I get to support the local Midwestern economy by buying a biodiesel fuel blend. This car is "socially responsible." I love the handling; it's so sharp in the curves, but the ride is still very compliant over rough pavement. It turns on a dime. The interior is super comfortable and beautiful, but like others, I wish they would have kept the wood trim and other luxuries with Pkg. #2 (which mine has) from 2005. Its pickup is okay; I can still merge on the freeway just fine. Despite its flaws, I'm thrilled with my new Jetta!

MPG Better than EPA
By Diesel Freak on 01/23/06 15:41 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

If you haven't looked at purchasing a diesel because of loud engine noise, black smoke, lack of pick up, or the availability of diesel? THINK AGAIN! All of the above problems have been corrected in the new Jetta! After driving this car you'll understand why 80% of all cars are diesel in Germany! this car drives great at high speeds. When I first purchased my Jetta its gas mileage was 37 - 38 mpg. Since 10,000 miles, (currently 22,000mi) my mileage is consistantly 43.5 - 44 MPG! On a trip from San Antonio to Vegas with a full trunk and approximately 750 lbs. of passengers, running at 76 mph, (95% Cruise) she got a WOPPING 52.5 MPG round trip! Who needs a Hybid?

'06 Jetti TDI Pkg.1
By Bernard on 01/21/06 18:10 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

So far so good with my 2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI. I had a few minor issues after 5,000 miles The vehicle was poorly aligned from factory and the speedometer reads 4.5 mph faster than my GPS. this car has nice linear power and a decent road feel, though it has slighty higher interior noise from road than I would have expected. I travel long distances, mostly on the highway at 80 mph and have been getting 40+ mpg. The interior fit and finish are superb. It has a very Teutonic in look and feel (have owned Audi, BMW, Porche). The body panel fit and finish is first class. I was surprised at how little the dealer was willing to negotiate. I only received a $200 discount (as a matter of principal)! Still, I had a very positive dealer experience.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.