2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel Consumer Reviews 20

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Drive one
By Jeff B. on 03/09/06 19:08 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

An excellent vehicle. Averages 44+ MPG in all around use, and over 50 MPG on the highway at 75 MPH.

Diesel is the best!
By nobluescreen on 03/07/06 06:13 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

In the 80's you could associate Diesel with words like smelly, smokey, slow, and loud. Not true anymore! This car doesn't smoke at all! Ceramic glow plug virtually eliminate the wait-to- \start. Unlike a gasoline engine, there are no spark plugs, plug wires, distributor, etc. Less to maintain! Diesel has more potential energy in it than gas does, so it takes significantly less diesel fuel to get the same amount of released (useable) energy. Fuel economy gets better with time, I have about 1500 miles on mine and I am getting an average in the mid 40's with about 75/25 hwy/city. This car surprisingly has plenty of pickup. You can't hear the motor that much during highway driving.

I love this car!
By jettalover on 03/05/06 09:28 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

We traded our 2003 TDI Jetta for the 2006 model at the end of last year, and we love it even more than our 03'! It's much roomier and very comfortable on a trip. My daughter has much more room in the back than she did before as well. We get great gas mileage, and it's actually quieter than the 2003 was.

Don't overlook the Jetta TDI
By Impressive Car! on 03/05/06 07:41 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I've driven a TDI for the past three years and have loved the reliability, long maintence intervals, and efficiency of this engine. I traded my Beetle TDI in for the New '06 Jetta TDI. So far, I have loved the experience. This new design is much improved! It's not whisper quiet (much improved though)...but i can say it's a night and day difference when comparing with the Beetle.

Another reason that Detroit is in trouble
By Joseph D on 03/03/06 10:53 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I have wanted to combat the high cost of gasoline for a long time. I have found my weapon to be a stylish, sophisticated economy (or is this a mid-size, the rental car companies have me confused on what's what!) car with luxury touches: the Jetta TDI. The interior is surpisingly smart and "rich". The heated leather seats have the look and feel of a high end car in a different price range. Some other manufacturers charge $500 - $1,000 for satellite radio, it was included in the cost when you purchase package 1 or 2.

Excellent all the Way Around
By WagsVW on 02/21/06 16:10 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

My 2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI is a high quality car. The diesel is great. Don't let the horsepower fool you. It has tons of low-end torque. Its steering is tight and it corners great. Plus it has tons of VW goodies.

Great Car for the Money
By NoEffort4u on 02/19/06 10:41 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Since buying my Jetta TDI, I have had nothing but fun with it. My gas mileage has been anywhere from 42 - 48 on every single tank full. I love the sunroof and the heated seats. I was amazed at how low my insurance was also. So far, the only thing I have found that I do not care for, is the way the armrest covers up the second cup holder in the console. If you have two poeple in the front seat, it is a fight getting the second drink out from under the arm rest, unless you push it all the way back again. this car has enormous trunk space and lots of power plugs for anything you would want to plug in. Overall, the Jetta has been just super.

Love It
By Gr8danz on 02/17/06 19:26 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I have absolutely loved my experience with my Volkswagen Jetta TDI so far. It is fun to drive and handles very well. The fuel economy is wonderful. I do not have the engine broken in yet and I am already getting around 600+ miles to a tank. We are looking into getting a second one right now.

Fun Car to Drive
By bk on 02/13/06 18:20 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

My Jetta TDI was purchased to replace my full size 4X4 diesel truck. When fuel prices went up, I had to make a choice. I really miss having a truck, but now I have a sports car with gas mileage at or close to 45 MPG in the city. The VW Jetta is a very comfortable and sporty car. Now I wouldn't trade it for anything.

The Best
By James Wald on 02/01/06 12:02 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

The 2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI is a really fun car to drive. It gets great mileage and it doesn't look like the hideous Honda Insight or Toyota Prius. I can't describe how much I love my Jetta.