2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Audi for VW price
By epic_sandwich on 01/06/12 16:01 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is incredible. A true sleeper, the turbo motor responds well to simple mods (intake, downpipe, tune) but has plenty of power stock. The 6-spd is one of the best I've rowed thru. The interior just oozes luxury like a high-end Audi. The steering feel (and the wheel) is phenomenal. Brakes are great. The handling is the best- fling this family sedan into a corner and it will throw the apex into a headlock, it's incredible. Comes standard with all the luxury options but you can't option extra like phone Bluetooth, pwr seats, etc. Still an awesome deal and a true sleeper!

Best Sports Sedan Value
By Jeff Greenberg on 08/07/09 14:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had this car for 3 years and 40,000 miles and it drives as good as the day I picked it up. I came from a Saab 9-3 and looked at buying a new one until I drove the GLI. I also considered the Acura TSX, Audi A4, BMW 328I and Infiniti G35. The GLI handled and performed as well or better and priced up to $10,000 less. If you are looking for a great handling, powerful sports sedan without having to say "Look at Me" this is the car for you. I don't look at this car as an overpriced Jetta but as a bargain BMW. I have been so happy with it that I bought the car after my lease ended. This car has incredible build quality and plenty of room in the cabin. You will not be sorry!

Not Sure If I'll Get Another V-Dub
By Ed on 09/13/07 07:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

First VW to own. 2006 manual GLI package w/leather, XM radio. Fun car to drive but already had problems with it and had it a year. Had 2 months before it started overheating - coolant hose connection problem that kept the fan running after I turned the ignition off, which was depleting the battery. Five months later, another problem with a hose that was making some heavy noise from the engine. Both were fixed by the dealer. Now all of the buttons are starting to peel off (plastic/rubber finish)!? Went to the dealer, have to come back when someone could pull out the radio, find the manufacturer, and order new radio. Dealer oil changes too $$. Took to private shop, told it was burning oil like crazy!

2006 GLI 2.0T
By VW on 05/03/07 14:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had this car for 6 months and love it. Interior is much improved from my 03 GTI VR6, the ergonomics are far superior. The turbo engine is strong no matter where you catch it in the RPM band and the six speed is excellent. Features such as the trip computer, auto up/down on all the windows, and ventilated glovebox are all small features that set this car apart from its competitors. This car represents excellent value. Oh did I mention I have logged 34.5 mpg on the highway?

Forget about Japanese cars, get a GLI !
By z3r0c00l on 03/25/07 00:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

6 months ago, I was searching for a new car and thinking to get a Honda Civic SI, Nissan Altima 3.5L OR a Toyota Camry V6. However, I saw someone drove a new GLI and amazed with how beautiful the car was. I owned a VW Golf 2.0L and it was an OK car for me, not too impressed by it. Then, I decided to test drive a GLI and fell in love right away! Forget about those Japanese cars which are built by old grandma non-virgin metal! That's why they are cheap! Get a real car under $30,000, complete w/ Package 2 GLI and you'll never regret it. The car is superb, comes with high quality interior, sweet looking exterior and excellent performance. I don't like it, I love it!

This Car Delivers
By GLI Guy on 01/16/07 13:05 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I had been looking for a new car for awhile. I really wanted another VW (my '98 Beetle had been flawless), but they had no new offerings that appealed to me. Once I saw the Jetta GLI I was interested, but a test drive sealed the deal. The car is excellent, delivering performance and comfort in a relatively affordable package. It is an Audi with a VW price. In the 1+ year I have had it I have had only two issues, both dealing with the XM stereo. My friends comment about my "fancy" VW all the time and people comment on how sexy the car is. I've never heard a VW called sexy. Its fuel economy has been good, I average 26 mpg between city and highway driving. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Best Car
By STEVE C on 01/11/07 19:22 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My Jetta GLI is the best car Ive ever owned! It's super fast, comfort, luxury, and style all rolled up into one. The turbo is awesome and overall it has quite a ride! Keep up the good work VW!

23,000 Fun Filled Miles!
By Ben on 12/09/06 18:35 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned my Jetta GLI for over a year and have become a die hard VW enthusiast! I have made a lot of modifications to my car, like adding a turboback exhaust, Revo chip, intake and 18" aftermarket rims. I loved the power and handling of this car from my first and only test drive! I have two young children and it works fine as a family sedan. The trunk is 16 cu. ft., which is enormous! I commute 375 miles/week and my GLI makes it much more bearable!

Fun, Fast, Watch out for the police!
By JPnSEA on 10/29/06 17:25 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This new Jetta GLI is fun. I always find myself traveling at 80 mph though, so be careful if you already have tickets. It has a smooth ride, with just enough power to keep me interested. I will not be winning any drag races, but with only 200hp I did not expect too, it does have some surprising get up and go though for sure. I have the manual transmission. I get comments on how the car looks all the time, I tinted the windows and picked the metallic black exterior with black leather interior and with the red highlights on the grill and brakes. It looks really nice...if I do say so myself. Overall there is very little to complain about...it does pull just a little when you are going all out but it is manageable.

A Great All-around Sports Sedan
By Jason on 09/21/06 08:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Of all the cars I have ever owned, this is my favorite. I normally suffer from buyers regret - wondering whether I would have been happier with another car. I have never second guessed my decision to buy this car. The engine is fantastic - returning great gas mileage and managing to be responsive when given the gas. The handling is excellent. The interior is spacious, well thought-out and very upscale. The quality of the materials is top-notch. I have experienced no mechanical problems in seven months of ownership.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.