Used 2006 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Ok Car would'nt buy another one
By BThompson

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Lots of electrical problems with my car. Drivers door lost power and couldnt get into the trunk and also couldnt get any Gas could not open gas door. need manual leaver for trunkand gas door had to crawl into trunck and pull part of the interior out to pop gas tank from intide the trunk, when there is no power.My AC blew at 27,000km had to replace the whole unit, read defrost quit working

Favorite Features

Looks great, drives nice, handles great really liked with the exception of all the electrical problems.

Suggested Improvements

Up grade electrical system, back up manual tunck leaver and gas leaver if power failure.

Honeymoon period gone?
By tpas

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Pls. Don't get me wrong. I still love my gli 'o6. Awesome car, lots of fun to ride and drive. This is the best car I've driven for its price. But they say you cannot have everything. Last a/c broke down. I was disappointed but not panicking. Thank god I still have warranty on it. Family motors of Bakersfield was awesome. You guys are the best. They help me out from start 'till a/c was working again. I was back on the road before sunset. Moral lesson= i will try to get extended warranty.

I'm an Idiot
By quest

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car brand new, two weeks later when washing it I discovered what looked like the back window had been broken and replaced. Long story short, it had been broken 'during transport' and nobody knew...? The best they would do is give me free maintenance for two years as compensation. Then while fixing the window, they broke a strut in the trunk. They just fixed that and now my heater is broken, no air and no heat. My speakers seem cracked, they found nothing. The car revved high and the light came on, they again found nothing. I have under 6,000 miles on this car. I'm "farfromgroovin" right now!

Favorite Features

It feels solid.

Suggested Improvements

Stop making plastic parts.

Engine Issues
By Jenny

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car because of its great looks and cheap price tag; however, all I have faced is headaches. I am currently going in for the fourth time since my purchase for engine, exhaust, and electrical problems. One of the times there had been a recall through VW, and I was never notified.

Favorite Features

The looks.

Suggested Improvements

When you take off, the ride should be smoother, and, of course, the engine issues should be fixed.

Jetta 2.0T DSG Update...6,000 Miles
By Pat G.

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My 2006 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T has been a great car thus far. I have had no problems with it. It has great handling and great overall performance.

Favorite Features

The steering, turbo acceleration, interior quality, quiet interior, xenon headlights, XM radio, sunroof with dial control, large trunk, interior room, illuminated controls, and DSG transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Offer a power passenger seat, enlarge the console storage compartment, and it needs a better head unit (stereo).