2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Ok Car would'nt buy another one
By BThompson on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Lots of electrical problems with my car. Drivers door lost power and couldnt get into the trunk and also couldnt get any Gas could not open gas door. need manual leaver for trunkand gas door had to crawl into trunck and pull part of the interior out to pop gas tank from intide the trunk, when there is no power.My AC blew at 27,000km had to replace the whole unit, read defrost quit working

Honeymoon period gone?
By tpas on 10/02/08 20:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Pls. Don't get me wrong. I still love my gli 'o6. Awesome car, lots of fun to ride and drive. This is the best car I've driven for its price. But they say you cannot have everything. Last a/c broke down. I was disappointed but not panicking. Thank god I still have warranty on it. Family motors of Bakersfield was awesome. You guys are the best. They help me out from start 'till a/c was working again. I was back on the road before sunset. Moral lesson= i will try to get extended warranty.

I'm an Idiot
By quest on 03/18/07 15:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car brand new, two weeks later when washing it I discovered what looked like the back window had been broken and replaced. Long story short, it had been broken 'during transport' and nobody knew...? The best they would do is give me free maintenance for two years as compensation. Then while fixing the window, they broke a strut in the trunk. They just fixed that and now my heater is broken, no air and no heat. My speakers seem cracked, they found nothing. The car revved high and the light came on, they again found nothing. I have under 6,000 miles on this car. I'm "farfromgroovin" right now!

Engine Issues
By Jenny on 12/04/06 15:13 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car because of its great looks and cheap price tag; however, all I have faced is headaches. I am currently going in for the fourth time since my purchase for engine, exhaust, and electrical problems. One of the times there had been a recall through VW, and I was never notified.

Jetta 2.0T DSG Update...6,000 Miles
By Pat G. on 09/07/06 23:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My 2006 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T has been a great car thus far. I have had no problems with it. It has great handling and great overall performance.

Nice Surprise
By dave on 08/26/06 17:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My wife just totaled our 2005 volvo S60, so we went back to the dealer to replace her car. The dealership dropped their Volvo line but asked us to just give the VW a try. He said we would find the VW Passat better than the Volvo and we did! Then a white Jetta caught my eye. I took the turbo out for a run and found it to be a blast to drive and fully loaded with unexpected features that my 2002 Celica didnt have. The turbo is fast and the car handles like it's on rails. I call it a "poor man's BMW 325, lol" I once had a 325 and I actually prefer driving the Jetta. It is a little bland looking, but for some reason it looks better to me in white. I think it makes it look larger. I love it.

My Third Jetta in Twelve Years
By A.J. Peterson on 08/05/06 11:29 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

So far my experience has been great. I have had no problems with the car as of yet. My wife kicked the exit light cover off but, I snapped it in place and where the dealer installed the lock box the rubber is turned inward form the holder. I will see how the dealer handles this on the first service. This is my third Jetta, the first one was a '97 GL with a 4cyl. 5- speed transmission, crank moonroof and no power steering but, it did have power windows. My second one was a '95 GLX VR6 and it was loaded with again a 5-speed transmission. Now I've bought a '06 Spice Red Tubrbo 4 with a 6-speed transmission. I had to get used to the extra gear and driving a stick again. I would have gotten the DSG but, my wife will get an EOS in the fall.

Fun Car
By mr. no on 06/28/06 07:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I am not too crazy about the way the VW has killed off the old Jetta look, and made it look like a Corolla - but it still looks pretty nice, just not unique. I get about 24-25 mpg in the city, 30 on the highway. Its interior is excellent as always with the VW. I have had a few very minor problems that my incompetent dealer managed to turn into a whole week affair.

Purely Awesome
By Justin on 05/23/06 08:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had this car now for about a week and already have 1,600 miles on it! I could not be happier with the car, the gas mileage could be a little better, but that might have something to do with the way I drive the car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.