2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Reverse problem
By Colleen Carney on 08/27/10 18:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I purchased this car today and everything was fine until I tried to get it in reverse. My daughter and I drive manual transmissions, and have never had any trouble until this one. I learned from our good friend Barry that you push down on the gear shift to get it in reverse! I was ready to take the car back to the dealer tomorrow!

honestly read this
By listen here on 12/19/09 22:25 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I really want everyone to know every car has its problems. Most people write their reviews because they are upset. I have had my VW jetta for 6 months and have put over 10,000 miles on it. I bought it used and drive it every day all day. This car is built like a rock. Its quick and fun to drive. Pretty from the inside out. It doesn't get the best gas mileage and if you don't shut your blinker off before you shut the car off your lights wont shut off also my car struggles to work in freezing weather. It starts right up but the electrical stuff doesn't work well at 19 degrees. Over all its great and reliable I want another VW perhaps a bluesport? check them out

Jetta has been good to me
By kkempskie on 08/31/08 21:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

My 2nd Jetta and 4th VW. Love the tight feel and handling of this Jetta more than my past '98 Cabrio, '00 Jetta and '85 GTI. Drives awesome and even good in snow. Wish mileage was a little better, but it's not bad. The std options w/ my model are sweet (pwr snrf, AC, leather, pwr evythg). Always felt the build & finish were fine; knobs are sturdy, glove box doesn't break in winter (like my '00 did) and window clips are sturdy. $80 oil changes at dlr are a drag, yes, but skip those when u can at Jiffylube! All in all a great car w/ good looks, features. will cost a bit more at tune-up times ($700+ at 40K) but well worth the fun of driving this daily.

VW DID IT AGAIN
By Tim on 02/20/08 12:27 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd VW Jetta. I owned a 2000 GLS 2.0 and 2004 GLS 1.8T. I never have had any problems with any of them. So far, I have 17000 miles on the 2006 and no issues. This car is quiet, no wind noise, the engine sounds great when you step on it, the transmission/clutch is smooth, excellent stero system sound, great heated leatherette seats, excellent climate control system, and by far EXCELLENT handling. My only complaint is the city driving gas mileage is poor compaired to my old Jettas.

Don't Do It
By UnfortunateSoul on 10/13/07 12:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I bought my Jetta in August. In November, I had an A/C issue, fixed w/warranty. In July I had a brake problem - needed brand new rear pads and rotors due to some horrible manufacturing issue. Not covered under warranty since I was past 12,000 mi. August 2007 (one year later) I find paint chipping from the rear passenger window frame. Very unhappy w/this purchase.

2006 VW Jetta
By Jetta owner on 10/30/06 17:35 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

The Jetta has good build quality. The interior is top notch. I was amazed at what all you get for the price. It has lots of airbags and all the other safety items. The engine is really smooth, maybe too smooth. I stalled out many many times when we first got it trying to start out with the five speed. The clutch has really no feel to it. Also, the engine could use more power.

The Best Jetta Ever
By H.Pfadt on 09/30/06 06:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is my third Jetta in six years. Volkswagen has taken the previous model and improved it beyond my wildest expectations.The improvements in features alone are too numerous to mention.Fit and finish ranks up there with the best, any European Car maker has to offer.It is a quality Automobile.Drove my other two Jettas 140K each and passed them on in the family. They are still running great. Volkswagen , " Keep up the good work". You are gaining customers for life.

VW work horse.. 2006 Jetta 2.5
By Ken on 07/04/06 05:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

We live in the high country with lots of corners, steep grades, very rough roads and narrow roads. But we end up on the highway to go shopping some 50 to 100 miles away and have to climb over high mountian passes to get there on I- 5 (Mt. Shasta, Siskiyou area of California.) Our Jetta works the steep grades with little effort.. Will pull out and pass most cars on the long pulls. The ride is far better than the others in its class (Corolla, Civic). Making long trips a non-event. The 5-cyl. engine is happy at most any RPM. Making shifting kind of a pick a gear and forget it thing. It is nothing like other cars we have had that need to be in a given gear to go anywere.

Fun to Drive
By Mira Mesa VW on 04/02/06 22:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have had the car for over a month. I own three other vehicles, a Mercedes sedan, Toyota SUV, and a Nissan van. This car is very fun to drive. It's an excellent commuter car.

Great Car!
By Tony on 03/03/06 08:46 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I took my 2003 Jetta for a check up and ended up buying the 2006 model, The best thing is that VW moved the cup holders from above the radio, Now you can change stations when you have a drink in the holder. My Jetta's gas mileage is great. I like the leather, power sunroof XM radio, 6 disc CD changer, and airbags galore.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.