Used 2006 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5 PZEV Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Reverse problem
By Colleen Carney

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I purchased this car today and everything was fine until I tried to get it in reverse. My daughter and I drive manual transmissions, and have never had any trouble until this one. I learned from our good friend Barry that you push down on the gear shift to get it in reverse! I was ready to take the car back to the dealer tomorrow!

honestly read this
By listen here

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I really want everyone to know every car has its problems. Most people write their reviews because they are upset. I have had my VW jetta for 6 months and have put over 10,000 miles on it. I bought it used and drive it every day all day. This car is built like a rock. Its quick and fun to drive. Pretty from the inside out. It doesn't get the best gas mileage and if you don't shut your blinker off before you shut the car off your lights wont shut off also my car struggles to work in freezing weather. It starts right up but the electrical stuff doesn't work well at 19 degrees. Over all its great and reliable I want another VW perhaps a bluesport? check them out

Favorite Features

leather heated seats, sun roof, quickness, all extras,

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage, maybe work on the electrical stuff VW you are making things to complicated that's why everything seems to be breaking

Jetta has been good to me
By kkempskie

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

My 2nd Jetta and 4th VW. Love the tight feel and handling of this Jetta more than my past '98 Cabrio, '00 Jetta and '85 GTI. Drives awesome and even good in snow. Wish mileage was a little better, but it's not bad. The std options w/ my model are sweet (pwr snrf, AC, leather, pwr evythg). Always felt the build & finish were fine; knobs are sturdy, glove box doesn't break in winter (like my '00 did) and window clips are sturdy. $80 oil changes at dlr are a drag, yes, but skip those when u can at Jiffylube! All in all a great car w/ good looks, features. will cost a bit more at tune-up times ($700+ at 40K) but well worth the fun of driving this daily.

Favorite Features

heated seats; great sunroof; pwr everything; nice engine pickup; tight handling; pop-up pwr trunk; great lookin alloy wheels; lthrette; way more std options than you'll get over a toyota, nissan or honda. my dlr has been great.

Suggested Improvements

not much to criticize - it ain't an audi, but it sure handles like one! wish oil changes at dlr were less than $80; snd system still has spotty FM reception.

VW DID IT AGAIN
By Tim

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd VW Jetta. I owned a 2000 GLS 2.0 and 2004 GLS 1.8T. I never have had any problems with any of them. So far, I have 17000 miles on the 2006 and no issues. This car is quiet, no wind noise, the engine sounds great when you step on it, the transmission/clutch is smooth, excellent stero system sound, great heated leatherette seats, excellent climate control system, and by far EXCELLENT handling. My only complaint is the city driving gas mileage is poor compaired to my old Jettas.

Favorite Features

Engine sound, sound system, heated seats, handling, sunroof, and of course the blue/red lighting of the dash and switches.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage

Don't Do It
By UnfortunateSoul

2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I bought my Jetta in August. In November, I had an A/C issue, fixed w/warranty. In July I had a brake problem - needed brand new rear pads and rotors due to some horrible manufacturing issue. Not covered under warranty since I was past 12,000 mi. August 2007 (one year later) I find paint chipping from the rear passenger window frame. Very unhappy w/this purchase.

Favorite Features

Good pick-up with manual shift. Nice look on the interior. Dual auto windows.

Suggested Improvements

Fix brake problem.