2005 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - WOW! Best New Vehicle I've

2005 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

WOW! Best New Vehicle I've Owned!
By Ron on

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

My VW Jetta is everything I expected it to be. The fit and finish are first rate. No rattles or odd noises. The ride is right on target for a vehicle this size and the handling is great. The HUGE trunk is a very big plus. My fuel economy has been much better than stated on the sticker. Traveling through New England in October of 2007, and traveling on major roads along with the various State Police crusers at 80 mph, I got 34.5 mpg. The fuel milage was calculated from the last fill up and the amount of fuel needed to fill up again. I've owned Saabs etc., but for the money, you just can't go wrong with a VW Jetta. It feels like a very expensive car, but at a working mans price.

Favorite Features

Fit and finish. Overall construction and feeling of a secure Tank! Especially with the 6 air bags. The performance is good. The 16 cubic foot trunk is GREAT! You can really pack the trunk full for vacations. The fuel economy is terrific! Local travel is at 23 to 24 mpg., daily driving. Size is right.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the sound insulation. There is WAY TOO MUCH NOISE coming through to the passanger cabin. Increase the power to 165 Hp. This would be needed and appreciated, on mountainous roads and passing on narrow rural roads. This is especially true when traveling with 4 passengers and FULL trunk load.