2005 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Wouldn't Drive Anything Else

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Review

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Wouldn't Drive Anything Else
By Troy Bailey on

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Having looked at several cars I kept coming back to the Volkswagen Jetta 2.5. I looked at the Saab 9-3, Subaru Legacy, Mercedes-Benz C-Class and all may have had more power; what they lacked was a personality and features that the Jetta has. I get more compliments on this car than anyother car I have owned. People stop me at the gas station and don't believe what kind of VW it is. I consider it a baby Phaeton! This is the seventh car that I have owned and it is far superior to any of the rest.

Favorite Features

I love to sound of the 5-cylinder engine. Its gas mileage is exceding EPA estimates. It has great climate control, heated seats, stereo, and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

The trunk lighting should be better, but honestly does that matter? I find it a perfect car and a great alternative to other European cars. So it doesn't have a Mercedes, Saab, or BMW name, but what it does have is luxury the others can't come close to. Thanks VW!