Superior Compact Car
By Scott on
2005 Volkswagen Jetta New TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
2 days after purchasing the NEW Jetta 1.9L TDI, I took it on a road trip from Denver to Phoenix (14 hour drive through the Rockies over several passes). The TDI Jetta handled curving mountain roads and inclines seamlessly. I am very impressed with the New Jetta. I had Passat envy just after purchasing the Jetta as I thought it might be a tad too small. However, after this road trip (1700 miles) I'm glad I purchased this pleasure drive vehicle (package 2 features) and excellent 42+ mpg. These diesels have tremendous torque handling Wolf Creek Pass as if it were a flat land drive with the ability to accelerate at any given time. The New Jetta TDI is an excellent choice for consumers.
Favorite Features
Diesel engine. Great mileage. Accelerates easily uphill. Get the package 2 or 3 with Satelite Radio for long trips and comfortable cruising. Fold down rear seats to take a nap if needed. Stylish interior and exterior. I also ran into a hail storm, marble size - the paint and body were unscathed.
Suggested Improvements
Add a clear bra to protect the beautiful paint job. Perhaps more hp with out increasing the mph. All leather seats rather than just seating area.