2005 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Germans do it better!

2005 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

GL Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Germans do it better!
By Lulu on

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first brand new car and I've been completely happy with it. The base line model (GL) doesn't feel very base line with remote key less entry, power windows/locks, CD AM/FM and cassette, cruise control, chrome trim accents and those cool purple dash board lights. It's comfortable, reliable, nice to drive and gets good mileage. Servicing is reasonably priced and so is the car itself. I don't think the signal lights staying on were manufacturer default, but operator malfunction. Here's a tip, turn the lights OFF and they won't run your battery down. Good luck backing up in that ION. (that's a bad shape)

I love the seat height adjuster- very ejector seat style! The mini sun visor over the rear view mirror is very handy. Great size trunk for a small car. (3 adults fit comfortably and 9 small children)

I agree with Erin about the oddly placed cup holders. I think the glove box is oddly shaped as well, however I have managed to shove an obscene amount of crap in there.