One fine auto...
By VDubBub on
2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)
This is now my second consecutive Jetta and I love this one even more than my first. The interior is flawless: from the svelte aluminum accents around the gauges to the totally killer Recaro racing seats--I'm in love! The car is relatively quick, and very responsive. However, the car lacks upper end torque. When doing 60 mph in my VR6, a slight pump on the gas would send me sailing above 80; the same is not true with this 1.8T. Don't get me wrong, off the gate this car would blow the socks off of my old car, but it definitely lacks the get-up-and-go at higher speeds. Aside from that, I have never been happier with a vehicle.
Favorite Features
RIMS RIMS RIMS! The 18" rims on this baby totally take the car from suburban sedan to street-racing machine. The aluminum accents in the vehicle accentuate the clean lines throughout the cabin (why did we have to wait for the last model year to get this Volkswagen?).
Suggested Improvements
A little more power may be in order. Perhaps a factory subwoofer to compliment the excellent Monsoon sound system. Nothing else I can see wrong with the vehicle?