makes me more mad every day
By jd on
2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I bought my 2004 gli 1.8t in April of 2004. I test drove a R32 first, but the gli caught my eye. I drove it next and liked its performance and style. At around 2,000 miles a loud sound started coming from the rear somewhere, it almost sounds like brakes , but I wonder if its some kind of tension on metal. Anyway its anoying as it can be. Also, the gear shifter keeps poping off. I have taken the car to the dealership to get both of these problems fixed. They told me that they fixed the shifter but its still doing it. They told me that they couldn't figure out the noise in the rear and to bring it the car back some other time. Its got 16,000 on it now and is pissing me off more each day.
Favorite Features
It has a strong engine with the turbo. It handles great. I have had quite a few cars and this is the best handleing front wheel drive car I have ever driven. The rear tires turn 7 degrees which is helpful in sharp turns. I like the gear ratios with the six speed. The seats do fit me good.
Suggested Improvements
VW dealerships should fix the damn problems with this car. I have talked to other people with this car and they are having the same problems. My suggestions are, if all you care about is performance, then buy this car. If you care about quality, then dont. Im personally going to trade mine soon.