2005 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Love this Turbo Jetta 1.8

2005 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

Love this Turbo Jetta 1.8
By Keiffer on

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

They shouldn't have stopped making this Jetta GLI. Those who got the last of the 2005 Jetta before the new one came out are a lucky bunch. I was very relunctant to buy a Jetta after owning an Audi, Infiniti, and Acura but after test driving the Jetta GLI Turbo, I was sold. It's performance matches the Audi A4 quattro's which we still own. It's turbo engine makes it very quick taking off especially when you put it in the tiptronic (5 speed automatic) mode. My only complaint is the seats - although they are sporty and they make for a fun ride manuevering curves, I still miss the luxury of my leather seats. But thats just me - I'm sure many are happy with the Recaro sport seats.

Power and handling. I love the looks with the sporty wheels and body kit. Many stop and take notice when I'm driving it.

Wish there was leather interior in the sporty GLI. Back leg room is limited but I don't care since I'm in the front.