2005 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Jetta problems

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Review

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan

Jetta problems
By jettanomore05 on

2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this new.
This car has the worst paint job I have ever had. The front of the car seems to have many little dots of paint missing.
Now I have a history of driving many cars in my youth on gravel roads but never with this car. I cannot account for this problem. I had to have something replaced in the transmission early on due to horrible thud sound.
It still does this at times but they cannot find reason. THe car has been carefully maintained but I just had to replace water pump, tensioners, thermastat, and because of this timing belt was also recommended. Total cost was over $1,050.00. Car has only 59,000 miles on it and is gently driven.

It has the best radio I have ever had in any of the many cars my dad and I have owned. It has a good ride and reasonable mileage

Reliability, reliability, reliability! And how about a better paint job. I have never experienced the car problems described above in any of my dads several cars nor in the three Fords, two Chevys, two Mazdas, one Chrysler, and one Honda that I have owned. I have noticed that water pump problems are mentioned in several of the other reviews of this car. One reader mentioned VW uses a plastic impeller on the pump instead of metal or whatever better cars have. I was informed that this impeller was broken on my car as well. Several people inquired as to whether there were recalls about this common problem but apparently that is not the case. I will stick to Honda, Toyota, or Subaru.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review