Great Car
By ckeel4 on
2005 Volkswagen Jetta New 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)
I bought this car for my wife in late 2005. She absolutely loves it and will probably keep it for many years to come. I love the heated seats (also does great in the snow). Its size is comparable to an Accord or Camry. I feel it matches up better in fact with a BMW 3 series. It is remarkably similar to a 2002-2005 Audi A4 and the size of the old Passat. Very few downsides show through on the car. The driver compartment aggravates me as I like to rest my leg in the middle of the car, in the VW this falls right on a sharp edge. Also, the wheels are susceptible to scratches.
Favorite Features
Leather, 6 million airbags (8 actually), dual climate control, memory seats (recognizes keyfob), excellent electronic stability control (ESP), MF display, interior fit and finish, just enough power to make you smile, decent 30 mpg hwy, Sirius radio with steering wheel controls, large trunk.
Suggested Improvements
Center console pokes my leg (used to a truck). Wheels wider than tires making curb damage common. VW needs to get over their wierd lugnut methods (plastic covers?). Complicated adjustable vehicle setup options (don't lose your owners manual, I did).