Fun & Fast
By Inspector Jay on
2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
This is my 6th VW, my first was a '69 Bug. It is my third Jetta in a row and all the Jettas have been red. My brother is still driving my 96 Jetta! The power and shift points on the 05 GLI have been matched perfectly! This is a turbo hot rod. It's street appeal and overall handling combined with the turbo power make it a great car to drive! I too miss the heated seats, but have grown very comfortable in the Ricarro's - it's a true sports car - some luxury has to be lost when driving a car like this. I bought it late in the production because I love the styling and my '02 only had 23,000 miles on it. I use the cruise control and get no less than 25 mpg and even 30 on the hyway!
Favorite Features
Styling and the matched engine / transmission. The engineers got the system tuned very very nicely. Little or no turbo lag! I really like the stabilization system too. When pressing the envelope the stabilization calms things down. Great in the turns the seats hold the smiling passengers snug!
Suggested Improvements
Possibly adjust the clearance on the effects on the nose. There are some areas it does a scrape if the curb is high.