2005 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Ecstatic

2005 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

TDI Sedan (1.9L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Automated Manual)

By Gary on

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Been looking for a non-hybrid fuel efficient car to replace my truck from everyday driving. Looked on line and found that the VW diesels were the most fuel efficient. I test drove a 2005 Jetta and liked it. I couldn't find a great deal in May before the new body styoe came out, so I waited. I lucked into a 2005.5 loaded automatic TDI and bought at dealer invoice. I drive about 4,200 miles each month, 90% hwy, & will save 150 gallons a month at 42 mpg. In only 2 days, I have been averaging better fuel economy every time I get in the car. Yesterday it was 48+ mpg and todfay it was 51+ mpg. I look forward to averaging between 50 & 60 mpg & have the fuel savings pay for the car!

The diesel engine, the 6-speed auto transmission, the leather interior, and all the bells and whistles I wouldn't have thought of.

Fix the glare from the center brake light on the rear windshield while driving at night. The electric seat control for the pre selected drivers - when you turn the car off the seat slides back to allow more room for entering and exiting the vehicle.