2005 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Buyer Beware

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Review

Buyer Beware
By Tony on

2005 Volkswagen Jetta New Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

At first I really liked this car. Sure the Value Edition limited my choices, but the car came with a lot of standard features anyway. For the price, it almost seemed to good to be true. Unfortunately, it was. It's been downhill since I drove it off the lot. A sensor problem with the door locks required VW techs at corporate to help diagnose and fix. Then there was the recent recall due to fuel line problems. But the real clincher for me is the ride. I can't believe someone described it as "smooth" unless they just got the car. Up to about 1300 miles, it was smooth. But once the suspension got broken in, it now rides like a horse-n-buggy. I would not buy this car knowing what I know now.

It is nice looking. The trunk is large.

Fix the suspension problem. Nobody deserves to be bounced around like this. 4 wheel independent suspension doesn't mean a thing to me if the ride is not comfortable -- and it is definitely NOT.